Happy Birthday to Me

Watermelon?!

MARISSA

"Okay, I got apples, bananas, oranges, and...this... watermelon." Ray said as he walked up to me with all the fruit in his arms. How he was able to carry it all without dropping any of it, I'll never know.

I gasped and grabbed the watermelon out of Ray's arms and put it into the shopping cart we found abandoned nearby.

Ray put the rest of the fruit into the cart as well.

Frank came running up holding something behind his back and was smiling like a cheshire cat.

"What did you find, Frank?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow at him.

Frank pulled out what he had hiding behind his back and happily said, "Coconut!" as he held it out to me.

I think I raised my eyebrow even higher than it already was if that's possible.

Ray shook his head at Frank and simply said, "No."

Frank pouted and asked, "Why not?"

"How do you plan on opening the coconut?" Ray questioned.

"Well I-" Frank started to say, but Ray interrupted, "In the bus, without making a mess."

"Uhhhhhhhhh." Frank mumbled for a moment before he just set down the coconut and wandered away.

"Huh. That was weird." I said quietly.

"Yeah. Even for him." Ray agreed.

I looked up at Ray, "He's usually weird?" I asked.

Ray nodded, "Normally yes. But ever since he met you he's been acting unusually responsible."

"Then why is he running around the store like a little kid if he's been acting so mature lately?" I asked.

Ray shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know really. Maybe he's just having fun because Gerard isn't here watching him. Or maybe he's just trying to get all his energy out before getting back on the bus."

"Oh." I said quietly. I changed the subject and asked, "Will you get me some grapes please?"

Ray nodded and said, "Sure." as he walked away to help.

I smiled as I spotted some blackberries and said, "Ooh blackberries!" before I picked up a couple of the small containers.

I also picked up a salad in a bag, some sunflower seeds, green tea, strawberry poptarts, and Pez refill candies. I didn't need the Pez dispenser...plus there weren't any good ones here.

Frank ran up to me and held out something else he had picked up and nearly shouted, "Spray cheese!"

I made a grossed out face and simply said, "Ewww."

Ray returned with the grapes and picked up the salad in a bag from the cart and looked at it for a moment before he said, "So they put everything you need in one bag now, huh? Convenient."

Frank looked down at all the contents in the cart and asked, "You're not a health nut, are you?"

I shook my head and replied, "Not particularly."

"Then why don't you have any junk food?" he asked again.

"I do." I said, "That's why I have the Poptarts and the Pez."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know I haven't updated in about 2 months. I had the worst case of brain-block for this story for the longest time. But now I have gotten over that little speed bump and I have worked out a timeline for this story. I can clearly see what all I still want to write and when I want it to happen. I have worked out most of the loose ends and have tied the knots so they're all connected. The only thing I don't know is if its going to be 20 chapters until the end or 40+. I know I write short chapters all the time and you've got to forgive me for that. It's one of my greatest faults when it comes to story-writing.

I am in the middle of editing another story called 'Battle Of The Bands' into longer chapters because some of the chapters are barely 300 words long. Some of you may be interested in this story because not only does it have My Chemical Romance in it, but it also has bands like Tokio Hotel, Fall Out Boy, Forever The Sickest Kids, and tons more.

Special thanks to
Stacimom
who keeps pushing me to update.
Usually when I lack in updates its because I feel no one is reading my stories. The more comments I get the quicker my updates will be because I know there are readers out there waiting for stories.

Also, please excuse any misspellings or gammer errors. I had to have my computer fixed and it was set back to factory settings which in the end caused me to lose my word program. *sigh*

Enjoy the chapter!
Comment please? Reccomend maybe? Subscribe, you know you want to!