Happy Birthday to Me

Cherry-Lime Slushies

MARISSA

I was happily slurping away on a birthday cake flavored shake while Frank and Ray were arguing over what flavor alcoholic slushie they wanted to share. They decided to share the same drink because one was four feet in length and $50 a pop.

Frank wanted cherry.

Ray wanted lime.

They couldn't come up with a fair deal for who would get to decide.

They were yelling at each other so much, they were starting to gain attention and the hoodies popped over their heads and sunglasses covering their eyes weren't that great of a disguise. It was only a matter of time before someone recognized them.

I shook my head, having heard enough of their argument and pushed past them to the girl who was standing behind the counter operating the slushie bar. "If we don't put a stop to this they'll be at it all day." I told her.

The girl behind the counter leaned over it and asked me, "What do we do?"

"Can you mix the two flavors together?" I asked back.

She shook her head, "Oh I don't know. My boss says we're not supposed to do that."

I glanced back at Frank and Ray, their argument was beginning to heat up and they were drawing a bigger crowd. If it kept going like this the cops were gonna be called soon. I turned back to the girl and said, "I think this time your boss will make an exception."

The girl nodded and quickly set to making their drink.

Once Frank and Ray got their drink, the three of us walked outside so things near the slushie bar could go back to a relative normal.

I was about to tell them that they shouldn't cause a scene like that when they fist bumped and complemented each other on their acting skills.

Wait, what?!

"Wait, you two planned that?" I asked.

Ray nodded, "Yeah, it's how we get tailor made foods and items." he said as he smiled.

I raised an eyebrow at them before I asked, "Mind clueing me in next time?!"

Frank smiled a goofy, lopsided grin and said, "Awh! But you were brilliant!" before he captured me into a hug.

When he finally released me I asked, "So what should we do next?"

Frank pulled out his cell phone and checked the time, "...Actually, we've got to start heading to our concert."

"Oh." I said quietly.

"Would you like to come?" Ray asked.

I shook my head, "I think I'll pass."

"Why?" Ray asked.

"Gerard already seems to be pissed off at me today. I don't want him to find an opportunity to publicly humiliate me...again." I said quietly.

"You sure?" Ray asked, double checking.

"Positive." I said with a nod.

Meanwhile during my conversation with Ray, Frank had called Mikey and was trying to figure out where the others were. I couldn't help but hear his side of the conversation, but I couldn't hear Mikey on the other end.

"You're there already?... You're not there?... Well which one is it?... Where are you exactly?... The Venitian?!... What are you doing way over there?... No, no, you've gotta get there... Now... Now... No, now!... Yeah... Alright, bye!" Frank hung up the phone and turned back to Ray and I. "So what's the word?" he asked.

"I'm going to go do a little more sight seeing and you guys have fun at your concert." I said.

Frank nodded, "Alright, see you later then."

Frank and Ray both hugged me before they started to walk in one direction, while I made my way to a crosswalk so I could go across the street to the Bellagio.

X-----X-----X-----X-----X-----X-----X

I went inside one of the most expensive casinos on the Vegas Strip and saw the beautiful rainbow flowers on the ceiling of the world-famous lobby and toured the indoor gardens. It was amazing how awesome the gardens looked. I couldn't believe how much thought and detail went into it. I had heard the Bellagio gardens were always magnificent, but this was a work of art.

Being it was almost July, they were featuring their Summer garden which seemed to have a red, white and blue theme. There were many American flags featured, as well as a Liberty Bell and a very pretty, very mesmorising giant glass ball in the middle of one of the gardens.

In one walkway, there were three water cannons, continuously spraying an archway of water over the walkway. As most people passed under the archways, they stretched out their hands to catch the water after it had already gone over the walkway. Unfortunately, right as I was standing under the center arch, some guy stuck his hand out on the other side of the water cannons, where all the pressure was to get it to go up and over. Because he had obstructed the flow of the upwards shooting water, the trajectory was off and it ended up getting me soaked by the rouge water.

I turned around and glared at the guy who's blunder it was that got me wet and he only smiled and shrugged his shoulders at me.

After that, I knew I had had enough of the Bellagio gardens and decided to go back to the hotel room. I didn't have to worry about being wet for long because as soon as I stepped outside, I was met with a wall of heat and I was practically dry before I could even walk off the Bellagio property. Las Vegas was notorious for being hot in the middle of the summer - even if the sun had already set.

When I reached the street, I changed my mind to stay out just a little bit longer and watch the world-famous Bellagio outdoor fountains for a little bit. The first show had a song I recognized playing, the Pink Panther. The water cannons cascaded water all around, in a sneaky and squiggly sort of way just like the Pink Panther. It must have been a crowd favorite, because many people watching the show hummed along the tune. The second song was Billie Jean and during the song it was as if the fountains were doing the moonwalk. It looked that good. The last song I stuck around to see was Viva Las Vegas by Elvis Presley. It was the most rockin'est out of them all and was a great song to get stuck in my head as I walked back to the MGM casino.

I got back to the hotel room and the band hadn't gotten back yet. They were most likely still in the middle of their concert.

I was tired, but I wasn't able to go to bed yet because I had run out of clean clothes. I took a laundry basket from the bathroom, took all my clothes and the clothes the guys had given me, and took them all to the laundry unit on the floor so I could wash and dry them.

About an hour and a half later, I returned with clean and dry clothes and still the band hadn't returned.

I shrugged, I guess I wasn't going to see them again tonight I decided before I went into my suite room and collapsed onto the bed. In a matter of a half hour, I was sound asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I want to hear from you! Another band may be making an appearence in this story but I can't decide who it should be. It's down to: Black Veil Brides, Tokio Hotel, Fall Out Boy (only Patrick and Pete), and Avenged Sevenfold (Jimmy included.) So who would you like to see the most? Let me know in the comments! BUT if you've already voted, please don't vote again! xD