Status: new

Nerd Boy

Nerd Boy

Sam

"I want to marry princess Leah." Keith mumbled as he turned off the t.v. We had just finished watching Star Wars: Return of the Jedi for the millionth time.

"You know that is impossible." I told him carefully taking the DVD out of the player and placing it carefully in the case. I put the DVD in my bookshelf of movies and turn to Keith who already has set up Kingdom of hearts.

I held in a squeal and ran over to the couch and grabbing the control. I took the jar of peanut butter off the coffee table. I cradled the jar in between my legs while I started the game. "So I have a question for you." Keith said not taking his eyes off the screen.

"Shoot." I muttered taking a scoop if peanut butter.

"Do you still have a crush on stoner kid?" he asked.

"You mean Trey?" I asked softly licking the peanut butter off the spoon. "Because if that is who you are talking about then no, I do not." I added.

"Please." Keith scoffed setting the control down. "You practically drool over him in English class."

"Liar." I mumbled under my breath.

"Keith! Sam! come up for breakfast!" My grandmother calls from upstairs. I throw the spoon into the jar and hurry up the stairs and into the dinning room with Keith right behind me. We both sit at our seats across from our grandfather and my aunt.

"Sam how much peanut butter did you eat?" My grandmother asked setting a plate of mac and cheese with hot dog in front of me.

"Not much." I replied.

"He ate half the jar." Keith said.

I glared over at him, "Grandma he's a liar." I said.

"Did you boy's get your homework done?" My aunt asked rocking Keith's baby sister on her knee.

"Yes." Keith and I replied in sync.

If who haven't noticed Keith is my cousin. I live on my grandparent's farm with Keith's mom and sister. My parent's died recently, just three months ago and my aunt and grandparents took no time in bringing me into their home and for that I'm thankful.

"Sam there's one jar of peanut butter missing." My grandmother said checking the cabinet.

I smiled innocently at her which she just smiled off and took her seat at the table. After saying grace we all began to eat. "So how are you're grades?" my grandfather asked me.

"Straight A's." I replied smiling softly.

"Now sweetie I know you're just a sophomore but have you considered college yet?" my grandmother asked kindly.

"I want to be open a bakery." I whispered looking down at my plate. One thing my father and mother supported were my dreams to be a baker and open a cupcake shop. They even set aside some money to help me open my first shop, along with all their money.

"You know that's not a promising career. You should be a doctor something." My grandfather said.

I bite my lip and continued to stare down at my plate, "Yes sir." I whispered.

After dinner I excused myself to my bedroom. I silently closed the door behind me before heading over to my dresser and opened the top drawer. On top of all my clothes laid a picture of my parents they took at their wedding.

I smiled and picked it up staring at it. My mother looked absolutely beautiful with natural wavy brown hair and bright vivid blue eyes. Her skin was pure and clean with no blemish visible and no make-up needed. Her smile was bright and her lips a light shade of pink.

My dad fit perfectly next to my mother. He had dirty blonde hair and crystal blue eyes, his smile was perfect and he once told me he came out in a toothpaste commercial. His smile was once thing I happened to inherit from him, everyone says I look like my mother with my father's smile.

I frowned and placed the photo back in it's spot before kissing my hand and placing it on the photo. "Goodnight guys." I whispered softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
new story, hope you guys like it :)