Status: new

Nerd Boy

Stoner Boy

Trey

I watched as the police pulled up to Sam's house. It all felt like de ja vu, he was trembling next to me and I was worried about him. I watched from the police car as he stood next to the police man waiting for someone to open the door. His cousin did and then his grandpa showed up, his face red with anger. I watched as his grandpa started yelling at Sam and then his eyes flickered to the car where I was sitting. He stormed to the car and opened the door, "You leave Sam alone you hear me." he screamed.

"No." I said simply.

"I better not see you near him again." he hissed before walking back into the house slamming his front door behind him. The police man got back into the car and drove the short distance to my home.

"Was that your boyfriend?" the police man asked starting small talk.

"No."

He pulled up to my house and got out the car. I followed behind him and stood next to him as he knocked on the door. Minutes late my mom opened up, her hair was messy and she was wearing her pajamas. "Trey what did you do now." mom sighed dragging me into the house.

"Don't worry ma'am he was just over curfew with a friend." the police man said.

"Was this friend Sam?" mom asked and I nodded softly. She sighed and pushed me into the house lightly as her and the police man talked outside. I dragged myself into my room and fell onto the bed curling into my covers and falling asleep.

~


I sat on the kitchen table eating my cereal silently as my mom entered the kitchen. I could hear her walk around the kitchen getting her breakfast before she sat across from me at the table. "I'm not mad at you Trey." she finally said cutting up her omelet. "I think it's nice you're actually caring for someone rather than yourself."

I rolled my eyes, "I don't care about him." that was a huge lie.

"Not yet but you will, I could tell." mom said.

"I'm going to go see if Sam's ok." I said putting my bowl in the sink hearing my mom chuckle. I turned to her with a raised eyebrow.

"And you say you don't care about anyone." Mom mom said under her breath. I rolled my eyes and walked out the house and walked to Sam's house considering we live near each other. I sent him a quick text telling him to meet me at the back porch before sneaking back there myself, checking behind my back constantly.

I got to the back of his house sighing softly before turning to the door where his grandfather stood. "Fuck." I muttered.

"I got your text." his grandpa said holding Sam's phone out.

"That wasn't for you." I said slightly annoyed.

"Well Sam won't be talking to you anymore." His grandpa stated.

"Is he ok, let me see if he's ok." I said almost pleading.

"Go home kid." he stated turning to go back in.

"Let me see Sam." I said again through clenched teeth.

"I said to go away." he hissed.

I rolled my eyes and ran to the door pushing past him and entering the warm home. I ran up the stairs opening each door until I opened one and entered the small room that really only consisted of a bed. Sam was sitting on the bed his books in front of him as he scribbled something in a notebook. "Sam." I whispered.

When he looked up to me I noticed the purple bruise covering his eye. "Sam." I whispered again walking to him and resting my hand on his cheek, running my finger over his bruised eye. "Sam who did this." I whispered softly.

Sam didn't answer he looked away, his eyes glossy with tears. "Go home Trey." he whispered looking away.

"Sam please talk to me, I came here to make sure you're ok." I said softly leaning closer so our lips where only centimeters away.

"Get away from my grandson." a booming voice suddenly yelled. I looked away from Sam to see his grandfather standing at the door.

"You hurt Sam didn't you." I stated reaching for Sam's hand and holding it tightly.

"What happens in this house has no concern to you."

"But what happens to Sam does." I said taking Sam's hand and pulling him out the room. We ran down the stairs and out the house not stopping until I get to my own house. We got to my front porch panting and gasping for air, it's probably not best to run in the cold.

"I'm going to get in trouble." Sam mumbled as I opened my house and let him in. He walked in wrapping his arms around his torso as his blue eyes scanned my small living room. "It's nice in here." he tells me as he kicked off his shoes leaving the by the door.

I smiled down at him and wrapped my arm around his waist leading him into the kitchen. "Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?" I asked him as I rummaged through the cabinets.

"C-Can I just sleep." he mumbled softly not looking up to me.

"Sure." I whispered leading him to my bedroom. I lead him to the bed and helped him in the bed and pulled the covers over his body. I kissed the top of his head before leaving the room, a small smile on my face.