Status: new

Nerd Boy

Stoner Boy

Trey

I wasn't expecting Sam to be so, laid back as he was when he was high. He giggled at everything and spoke non-sense. It was rather amusing and entertaining. I made sure he had my number, and I had his.

I got home and entered the small home. My mom was out, as always. I headed to my room and threw my bag on the floor before pulling my phone out. I was still thinking of Sam, I just couldn't get his smile out of my mind.

I texted him a small message and hurried to take a shower. I exited the bathroom feeling refreshed and threw my clothes on the floor. My phone began to ring, which is odd considering I hardly know anyone who calls me. I reached for my phone noticing Sam's name flashing on the screen.

"Sam?"I questioned. "It's late what's wrong?" I asked, actually caring for him.

"I- c-can I talk to you?" He stuttered. He sounded as if he was crying for a while now.

"Sure." I whispered sitting on the edge of my bed.

He sudden broke down, sobbing and crying about something his grandpa said. I listened intently, feeling a constant stinging in my chest as he spoke. I would never expect him to be this vulnerable, he usually carries himself so well. "I'm s-sorry." he apologized hiccuping from after he cried for nearly an hour.

"For what?" I asked softly.

"I probably bothered you. I'm sorry, I just, I didn't have anyone to talk to." he whispered.

"What about that kid?"

"Keith? He wouldn't understand."

"And what makes you thing I do?" I asked softly.

He was silent for a while, the only reason I knew he was still on line was because of his softy breathing. "Is i-it weird to say I trust you already."

"Yeah."

He shouldn't be trusting me, at least not this quickly. I know I'm going to fuck this up and it will only hurt him in the end.

"Well I'm saying it anyway." he whispered.

~


The wind was rough this morning. It blew against my face causing my hair to fly everywhere around my face. I reached for my beanie in my pocket and put it on, concealing my hair. I walked to English class ignoring the AP staring at my from across the hall.

I entered the quiet class feeling everyone's eyes fall on me. "Nice of you to join us." the teacher said. "After being absent for a week." he muttered under his breath.

I held back a smirk and took my seat in the back corner. I slipped on one earphone and zoned out. I could feel one pair of eyes still staring at me so I glance across the room and noticed Sam staring at me.

He was bundled up in a sweater and coat and he wore a dark red scarf. His light brown hair was messy on his head framing his face in awkward strands. His face looked pale and his eyes red. He looked sick, and suddenly I was worried for him.

The bell rang causing me to jump slightly in my seat. I stood up and swung my bag over my shoulder before rushing to catch up to Sam. I reached for his elbow and pulled him away from the crowd of people exiting the class. "Sam." I whispered.

He looked up at me, his cheeks fading into a soft red color. "W-what?" he stuttered, his teeth chattering.

"You look sick are you ok?" I asked.

He nodded softly and glanced behind me. I turned around to see our teacher watching us oddly holding a cup of coffee. "Let's go to my car." I whispered reaching for his hand and leading him to the student parking lot.

He got into the passenger seat and brought his legs up to his chest. He wrapped his arms around his knees and looked over to me, his teeth still chattering. "So whats up?" he asked.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

He nodded again and looked away. I could tell he was lying. "Tell me what's wrong."

"Do you hate me?" he blurted out.

"Does it look like I do?"

"W-well last week when I told you I trusted you..." he let his voice fade off into a small whispered.

"It's not going to be your wisest decision but I'm not stopping you." I told him.

He nodded softly and looked at me, "I expect to see you at the library after school today. Considering you missed a full week."

Of course school is most important to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to BeautifullyFugly for commenting twice (:
sorry this took hella long, i was overloading with school this last few weeks.