Status: A slow, working progress.

Fixed Love

Chapter 1

Anxious is the only word the runs through my mind. Scratch that, nausea comes to mind. How will I play this cool? My heart is racing, my head is dizzy, and my knee is bouncing like crazy. No way I can act under these conditions. How did I even pass through the auditions? Maybe it was my looks. Maybe they liked the way I stuttered every other word. After all, I didn't want to particularly want to audition for a show that airs on a children's television network.

Perhaps it was from the adrenaline, and the casting directors like enthusiastic spastic females. Like that one red head character. What's her name? Cat? I don't even know anymore. All I know is that I'm sitting in this rancid taxi on my way to a set to being my first day as an actress. Finally, a dream come true. Obviously this doesn't happen to many people, but I feel the need to call myself especially lucky when it comes to the "One in a million" cliche.

There was a tugging on my shoulder and my head snapped towards my mother, who was way more nervous than I was. Which is ironic considering I was the one acting, and she wasn't. She was nervous, because in a way, she was acting too. Never made it as an established actress. In fact the only performance she was in was a one act play back in high school, as the newspaper boy.

She was currently tugging at my sleeve, urging me out of the taxi. Apparently we had arrived at the studio and I was way too far out of it to even comprehend that.

"Skylynn, move your ass. We don't have all day," She urged. I graciously scurried out of the vehicle and stood beside her. We were both anxiously fixing our sweaters and shirts. I folded my arms and nervously picked at a loose thread from my cardigan.

"Mother, perhaps we should get moving," I spoke lowly. The tall white building was intimidating, I just wanted to get inside. She nodded profusely and we trailed behind the security guard who, scarily enough, had been standing outside of the vehicle the whole entire time. Why hadn't I noticed him before? He was pretty hard to miss. Tall, maybe 6'3", with a black shirt and jeans, bald, and dark sunglasses. He was sweating. I wouldn't have a clue as to why, it wasn't hot at all. Overall, he was the typical cliche bodyguard.

He let us inside the building, but not before taking our pictures and giving us passes that pretty much guaranteed that if we were caught without these passes, we would be kicked out pronto.

We turned around a corner and was immediately greeted to a man with a clipboard. How official.

"Skylynn! Miss. Johnson! I'm pleasured to see that you're here! I'm Jonathan, the director Steve Hoefer one of the directors here at the set of Victorious." I smiled warmly and reached for his hand. "Ah! A hand shaker, very nice." We shook hands and I continued to pick on the thread.

"If you'll follow me I will take you to where you will be going for rehearsals before we shoot for scenes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback? Do you sound interested?