Status: Active with feedback. Last update 11/22/11

The Bet

Chapter 1

"Chelsea would you please hurry up?" Sydney called from her spot on the couch. She had been ready to go for almost 10 minutes and her roommate Chelsea was still getting ready.

"Its not my fault! I can't find anything," Chelsea complained from her bedroom.

"Maybe if you unpacked you wouldn't have that problem," Sydney responded getting up from the couch and fixing her hair. Her and Chelsea had been living in Chicago for 3 months and Chelsea still hadn't unpacked her stuff, granted she was a nurse and worked 12 hour shifts.

Sydney looked down at her phone which read 7:03, "Chelsea if you don't hurry up we are going to miss the game."

"Alright, alright don't get your panties in a twist," Chelsea said fluffing her blonde hair in the mirror.

"You look like a puckbunny," Sydney said returning her phone to her purse and heading towards the door.

"Shut your mouth right now do I really?' Chelsea said self-consciously adjusting her shirt as she followed Sydney towards the elevator.

"Seriously though I don't look like a puckbunny do I?" Chelsea asked as they entered the parking garage.

"No I'm just giving you a hard time," Sydney said. They walked into the garage and Sydney unlocked her blue Jeep Cherokee. They rode to the United Center with the sound of Blink 182 filling the car. They parked in the lot and Sydney turned off the engine.

"Alright let's go." Sydney said getting pumped for the game. Her and Chelsea walked into the United Center. The game was about 10 minutes from starting and the girls hurried down towards the glass and watched the Blackhawks doing their warm-ups. She watched as Hossa, Toews and Kane skated around the ice shouting pucks on Niemi. Sydney's eyes scanned around the rink until she saw Duncan Keith stretching with Brent Seabrook.

"Hot damn," Sydney muttered watching Brent stretch out on the ice.

"I bet he is an animal in bed." Chelsea said already knowing who Sydney was talking about.

"Oh lord stop it," Sydney said slapping Chelsea on the shoulder, never taking her eyes off of Brent.

Image

"Brent I think you have a fan," Toews said skating over to where Brent and Duncan were stretching.

"Well of course I mean look at me, I'm sexy." Brent spoke sarcastically.

"No Seabs I'm not kidding there are two really attractive girls watching us right now." Jonathan explained. Brent turned and looked in the direction Tazer was looking. He looked at the girl and was taken by a pair of emerald green eyes. Brent watched her as she talked with her blonde friend. Her eyes were trained on the Flyers as they skated around the other side of the rink.

"Holy fuck," Brent sighed looking away from the girl, "you weren't kidding."

"Are we sure they weren't looking at me?" Kaner complained.

"Shut up Kane, not every girl in the world finds you attractive." Sharpy said smacking his helmet."

"Thats debatable." Patrick smirked as he skated back to the locker room entrance. Brent rolled his eyes at the young stars cockiness and then turned back to look at the beautiful girl. This time they locked eyes from across the ice. He smiled quickly before disappearing into the locker room.

Image

"Oh my god I think Brent Seabrook just smiled at you!" Chelsea exclaimed basically jumping up and down.

"Calm down, lets go find our seats." Sydney said dragging Chelsea up the stairs. The United Center was filling up fast and the game was about to start.

"You guys will have beautiful children." Chelsea joked trailing behind Sydney.

"I wish you'd stop," Sydney begged pulling out her ticket and checking her seat. She sat down in her seat and set her purse on the ground. The lights dimmed and the United Center went wild and the Blackhawks skated on the ice.

Image

It was the end of the second period and the game was tied at 3-3. Brent was sitting inside the locker room waiting for the intermission to end.

"Thinking about that hot chick?" Kane asked just as Coach Q left the room.

"If you must know yeah I am," Brent responded reaching for his water bottle.

"Bro you don't even know her name."

"Yeah well I'm hopeful that changes."

"You really think you can get her?" Patrick asked a smirk forming on his face.

"What are you getting at?"

"Well why don't we make this interesting?"

"What are you getting at Kaner?" Brent questioned skating tying up his skates.

"I bet you can't get this girl to fall in love with you, not just sleep with you but have an actual relationship ."

"And if I can?" Brent asked taking a sip from his water bottle.

"I'll pay you a thousand dollars."

"Deal." Brent said shaking hands with Patrick before skating onto the ice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright well here we go. First chapter is up, its a little long in my opinion but I like and I hope you do too. Please comment and subscribe it means a lot and keeps me actively updating. <3