Status: Active with feedback. Last update 11/22/11

The Bet

Chapter 10

Chelsea POV

After the hundredth knock, I finally pulled my ass out of bed. I was about to kill whoever was standing in front of the door. I swung the door open and nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw who was looking back at me.

“Brent? What the fuck are you doing here?” He didn’t answer or wait for me to invite him in. Instead his large frame pushed past me.

“Can I help you?” I barked now really pissed at the muscular man standing in the middle of my living room.

“Is Sydney here?” He asked rubbing his hand over the back of his neck, looking like a lost puppy.

“No she’s out,” I spat at him.

“Can ask you something?” I nodded yes. He was hesitating and I was very nervous to hear the words that were about to come out of his mouth. I didn’t know Brent all that well and I honestly had no idea what he was going to ask me.

“What’s up with Sydney?”

I was so taken back by his question that I honestly did not know how to answer it. “What do you mean?”

“It’s just that every time we get close to each other she pulls away.”

I let out a deep sigh. I should have known this was coming. I didn’t know what to tell him. The poor guy looked so sad and I wanted to let him know why Sydney was doing this but I couldn’t.

“Brent this isn’t my story to tell.”

“Please,” he begged,” I really like her and it’s killing me that she keeping me away.”

I inhaled deeply bracing myself for what was coming next. “Alright sit down.”

Image

“Shit,” Brent muttered sinking back into the couch.

“Yeah…” I hesitated wondering how he would react this what I had just told him.

“I gotta go,” he said, quickly standing up and leaving before I could say anything.

Fuck what did I do?
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is like really short and the definition of a filler but it's been forever and a day since I updated so I figured this was better than nothing. I'm going to try to get back to regular updating schedule now that the holidays and finals are over. If you want you can follow my tumblr. Comment and subscribe! <3