Status: Active with feedback. Last update 11/22/11

The Bet

Chapter 4

“Hey what just happened?” Jon asked walking up next to me.

“I really don’t know.” I hesitated rubbing my hands over the back of my neck, a nervous habit I had picked up when I was a kid. I looked around the club making an extra effort to avoid Kane’s eyes. I knew that he was getting enjoyment out of this and I wasn’t in the mood for it.

“I’m going to get going.”

“Alright catch you later man.” I heard Jon yell. I said a quick goodbye before getting the hell out of this club. I walked out the doors inhaling deeply. I walked towards my Mercedes quickly dying to get home and just go to sleep. I unlocked the car and climbed inside. “Fuck,” I yelled banging my head against the steering wheel. This kind of thing would happen to me. I would be fucked over by a girl, yet again. I heard a knock on my window; I looked up to see Patrick’s face.

“Open up,” Patrick demanded. I wasn’t going to let him in the car so I rolled down the window. I didn’t say a word hoping that he would go away.

“How goes the blue balls?” Patrick joked.

I groaned not needing a reminder of what had happened earlier tonight. “Don’t you have some girl to be fucking?”

“Yeah, unlike you.” I looked behind Patrick and saw a busty blonde in a too tight dress waiting patiently a few feet away.

“Fuck off Patrick, I’m going to win this bet,” I promised before revving the engine. I drove off before I could hear another thing Patrick had to say.

Image

I got back to my apartment and wasted no time going up to my bedroom. I was fucking exhausted. I looked around the large bedroom until my eyes landed on the frame sitting on the dresser. It was a picture of Ali and me, taken when we were in Cabo. I looked at at her blonde hair being whipped around in the wind. We had been so happy then until she went and broke my heart. I picked up the picture and tossed it in trash. I heard the glass shatter as it made contact with the metal. I took off my shirt and pants and climbed into bed. Hearing the familiar jingle of dog tags I moved over so Callie had room on the already large bed. The black lab jumped onto the bed moving up right next to me. I reached over a starched her right behind the ears.

“Tonight sucked Callie.” My ears rang as the black lab barked in agreement. I leaned over to turn off the light. It had been a long night.

Image

I got to the practice rink with about 5 minutes to spare. I entered the locker room and immediately knew word had spread about my endeavors with Sydney last night. I knew I was going to be the butt of the jokes this morning. I silently walked to my locker shoving my stuff in it. I sat down on the bench and re-laced my skates.

“So Seabsy get any action last night?” Steeger joked. I shoved him hard knocking him onto his side.

"Aww poor Seabs still got a case of the blue balls?" Patrick joked.

"Shut up you little fuck face."

"Don't be mad at Patrick because he can get laid and you can't," I heard Ladd say from across the locker room. I was about to go off on him when Coach Q came into the locker room.

“Guys stop fooling around and get your butts on the ice.” Nobody wasted a second, all hurrying to get out on the ice.

“Oh and just so you guys know,” I called out, “If I hear one more joke about last night I will fuck you guys up so hard.”

Image

Practice was grueling and I was thankful it was over. I left the locker room and popped the trunk of my car.

“Brent wait up,” Jon called. I turned and saw him jogging to met me.

“What’s up?” I asked

“I got a text from Chelsea and she was wondering if you and I wanted to meet up with her later.”

“Is Sydney going to be there?” I asked no sure if I wanted her to be there or not.

“I’m sure she will be. She and Sydney are attached at the hip.”

“Alright fine let’s go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is super short and basically a filler. Thanks to all my readers and subscribers. My goal is to get up to 5 comments by the next update, so basically 3 comments would be really appreciated! My next update should be around the same time next week.

Oh and if you haven't already noticed this story takes place during the 2009-2010 season. In my mind it is around October and will follow through out the season. If the story continues as planed it will make sense why it takes place during this time.