Status: Once in a while;2-3 times a week

Code: Red

Birds

Our groups of winners were shoved back to the place where the instructors congratulated me on passing. There was only Chance now. He waved the passing students to come closer. The others looked like all sorts of creatures from the planets they are going to spy on. Our small group was extremely nervous. We are shaking not knowing what Chance wants with us. Chance slowly breaths in. “Any questions?” he asks.
We are struck dumbfounded. How can we not have expected this? I start to relax, not tensed up anymore. My friends loosen up. I raise my hand. Chance glances at my direction and says, “Yes?”
“Why do I have to come home?”, I ask. Chance simply smiles. “You don’t have a home, remember?” “Oh, yes I forgot.”
I didn’t forget. One of the most important rules around here is to admit that you don’t have a home. We were sent here because no one wants us. I couldn’t even call the Earth my home planet anymore.
I was completely zoning out. When I stopped thinking about home everybody was gone except Chance. “You’re leaving tomorrow”, he said. I said okay. He led me to the portal which always takes aliens to the next day. No matter how short or long the day is.
He said Matt and Kevin were already in tomorrow waiting for me. He patted me on my shoulder. I stepped inside the gateway to tomorrow.
There are some things I have been hiding. My code name is Red. I have earned that name by destroying anybody who gets in my way. I was also given a number. It is really rare to be in two groups. It is # 5. It means I am unpredictable. Matt was given his code number as # 3. # means the number group. The numbers are in order from least to greatest. 3’s are mainly for magic. Kevin’s code name is ‘Buffy’. He was given the name by his master. Buffy means slayer of monsters. Chance once said Buffy was a famous character in Earth a long time ago.
I once failed an enduring test. Chance was disappointed. I fled into a nest where there was five giant baby birds. The baby birds wouldn’t stop pecking me. The scene got worse when the mother bird came. She attacked me. I couldn’t kill her. What would the baby birds do? I did not kill the mother bird. I made her unconscious and the baby birds started crying. While I was coming back to training I promised I wouldn’t go back to the nest. The nest still haunts me with the bones of humans and sticks that were attached together by mud to form the nest. The nest looked far more frightening than the baby birds. I asked Chance about the nest once I came back. He said to not go back to that nest. He said the nest was a portal that leads to Hell. Wherever that is.