Status: Completed, please continue on to sequel ----->

We Won't Back Down

Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

Lex’s POV

Dearest Journal Entry,

Things had become rather dull since the Elwell triplets had left our town; it felt rather lonely that my only friends that were girls had left not long after my arrival against their will. I mean, I loved my job at the music store and it certainly paid the bills…but they are my bandmates and I could not do anything to help bring them back.
Working with the guys sometimes held perks of its own, well two of the four anyways, considering Craig and Max were always brooding over the girls being so far away and apparently the pictures posted on Facebook. So what if they were hanging out with other guys, it’s not like things would last if they stayed with their parents…they’d be moving again in a matter of time. Robert was an exceptionally fantastic teacher who made it a point to sit down and teach me some tricks on guitar and I taught him as well. And Monte, well he and I sort of hit it off rather well, so well that he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. He was completely understanding and loving and just made me feel complete whenever he is around.
Is it bad that I haven’t told him about Iron Angelz?
I just hate having secrets with the people that are the most important things in my life; it feels like its poison to my system. If the contest still stands, maybe then Monte won’t be angry with me keeping it from him. Speaking of Iron Angelz, according to Athena, a certain birdy leaked a video of our band playing together when I had first came into the store. I can’t say that I’m not surprised that this happened, he isn’t exactly the most trustworthy guy, but we have followers all around the world. The video leaked on YouTube had 786, 9425 views and multiple shares on different social media sites. This was exciting news, because even if the contest didn’t follow through, this could be our big break.
Though, that means having to come out publically to the world wide viewers and then…the test of proving ourselves, because let’s face it could you believe someone was saying they were a famous band when a video only shows our damn lower halves. It took everything in my being not to go up on Maxwell Green while he was working and beat him over the head with a cymbal. I will get my ven…


“Hey Lexie Bear!” Monte called, as he came in for his shift at work and I quickly brought up my web browser to Facebook and smiled at him, feeling my cheeks heat up as Robert chuckled at the pet name he had given me. I really didn’t care about it honestly, I just thought it was cute and my opinion was the one that counted for this situation.
“Monte Python!” Yeah, it wasn’t very original but was in his top movie choices which made me smile because he could quote all the lines and was proud of it. He was such a dork at times, but a very cute one at that!
“Oh god, I feel as though I am going to ralph!” Craig said, having walked up on the conversation and just had to ruin a perfect moment to be an asshole…no wonder Athena didn’t want to deal with his bullshit drama anymore. Apparently, according to Monte, she hadn’t spoken a word to him since they got into a huge argument over the pictures of her and the guy that goes as Danny. He had blown it completely out of proportion, causing her to have an anxiety attack over the phone and Dahlia took the phone and told him that he was a worthless piece of shit, hanging up the phone.
That had been a week and a half ago and Craig still wouldn’t let it go, he was constantly bitching about the pictures being posted and we all knew that she was doing it now to make him feel like shit and to see how much he hurt her. Just desserts perhaps? I wouldn’t be shocked with some of the things these girls do to get back at people who anger them to their breaking point. Athena had the longest fuse out of all of them, while Sheila was a ticking time bomb when someone pissed her off. Dahlia remained pretty neutral from what I could tell, but from what I have heard she was a pacifist until the opportunity presented itself and the pacifism was dead.
Max was just as worse, if not more when it came to the situation over the pictures and it was getting a little old. He was constantly bringing trashy girls into the store and taking them to the back in order to do…God knows what with them, on second thought…I don’t think he even wants to know. I had informed him that if it happened one more time that I would have no problem walking in and beating the shit out of him with a two by four.
I was pulled out of my thoughts by someone moaning…more like screaming Max’s name louder than any human being should be capable of and I felt something within me snap. Monte must have seen the look in my eyes, because his eyes widened in fear and he didn’t have an ounce of trouble getting out of my way. I made my way into the back room, stopping right at the door, hearing more obscene things and began to mentally prepare myself for what horrors awaited me.
Finally gaining enough courage, I opened the door and nearly gaged at the sight of a shirtless Max eating out some blond bimbo, who was wearing nothing but a see through bra. They did not stop their actions because they were unable to hear me over the bimbo’s cries of passion. It literally took me slamming the door to the room for them to actually realize that they were no longer alone in their room of sin.
“You have ten seconds before I drag your fake Barbie ass out of this store.” I said to her as she pulled all of her clothes back on, Max giving me a look so deadly it felt as though my blood froze in my veins. The girl finally had her clothes on and she left without another word. “Don’t give me that look Max; you’re very lucky that you don’t lose your job for this!”
“You had no right to send her away!” His words slurred and I could distinctively smell alcohol from where I was standing. He could not be serious right now could he? Coming to work drunk and what I had just encountered.
“I had every right…god damnit, you know what.” I walked out of the room and called for Craig over and pulled him into the room. “You two sit down right now!”
“Why am I being reprimanded for his stupidity?” Craig muttered, only to get flipped off by Max who was acting like a child now.
“No Craig, you are being reprimanded for your own stupidity…you guys act like it’s the end of the world that Athena and Sheila are gone and that they have friends of the opposite sex, but when they were here…you treated them like shit! You are so caught up in yourselves that you fail to realize how much the things you say cause them pain. Sure you may have become much closer this year, like it was back then, but it’s because you hurt them in more ways than you know.” I sighed, watching their looks turn to guilt. “And now that they need you the most, you betray them by jealousy and lust.” I looked at both of them angrily. “You say care about them and your happiness, but you do nothing when it comes to their love for you! Can you seriously be that blind?”
That’s when I saw it.
They had finally realized the full extent of their feelings for Athena and Sheila.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm shocked I was able to push this chapter out like this with no brainstorming whatsoever.
I really hope you all like it and please give me some feedback!
Until next time,
Recommend/Subscribe and Comment!