Status: Completed, please continue on to sequel ----->

We Won't Back Down

Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Sheila

I woke up to my aunt knocking on the door, looking at my alarm clock and seeing that it was only six thirty in the morning. I groaned and rolled back over, pulling the blanket over my head, wanting nothing more than to sleep the day away considering I was still on Australian time.

“Sheila, come on, wake up sweetheart.” Our aunt Darlene said as she came into the room, opening my curtains and then proceeding to pull the covers off. My aunt was about five foot and ten inches tall, a curvy bombshell of a woman who was a model before she married our uncle, who passed away when we were in ninth grade. She had long blonde hair that fell down to her lower back, with hot pink streaks running through it and these amazing turquoise colored eyes. It shocked people that she was actually in her mid thirties when she looked like a twenty one year old.

“Do I really have to go in? Can’t I do homework from home?” I asked pouting and she looked at me, hands on her hips and smirking down at me.

“Oh come on, it’s not like you are going to be in classes with anyone other than your sisters, what could possibly go wrong?” she countered, while I finally stood up from my bed and followed her out of the room. “Besides, I made chocolate chip pancakes and bacon!”

“Ahhh! The breakfast of champions!” I shouted and I jumped out of bed and made my way quickly toward the kitchen. I burst out laughing when I saw Athena run out of her room upon hearing my announcement of champion breakfast and tripped over a chair at the table and almost beefed it.

“How can you both be so damn energetic in the morning?” Dahlia asked as she made her way into the room and sat across from our aunt. Athena and I sat across from one another, fighting over who would get more bacon which is a normal thing for us.

“Because bacon is our essence of life.” Athena said as she dipped her bacon in maple syrup like the oddball she is. I wrinkled my nose at how gross it looked, watching as she stuck her tongue out at me.

“So are you all ready for school?” Aunt Darlene asked, serving up more breakfast before she finally started eating.

“Well… maybe after we change. But as far as mentally prepared, not a chance.” Athena said, pouring more syrup onto her pancake.

“What she means to say is, we’re as ready as we’ll ever be.” Dahlia translated for her.
“Yup. Pretty much.” I stated. “But Auntie Darlene, just one question for you.” I said, confused as to why she got us up so god dang early when we were continuing with our online schooling.

“What’s that deary?” She asked, shoveling her forkful of pancake into her mouth.

“Why did you get us up at 6:30 in the morning? It’s not like we’re actually physically going to school.” I laughed nervously.

“Oh right, did I forget to tell you? I talked with the school and they agreed to let you go back as long you’re serious about graduating. You’re actually physically going to school with all of your little friends again. Lex goes there now, did she tell you that? And all of your little friends who work at the shop will be so excited to see you again I’m sure.” She told us excitedly. I’m pretty sure that at that exact moment all of our jaws just dropped.

“You didn’t tell them we were coming back did you?” Athena asked, looking my way with a look of terror on her face. The one thing we wanted to do was avoid the two hellions who had ruined our little vacation in Australia. Honestly, I couldn’t call it anything else than that, because there was no working or school.

“No of course not, I figured you would like to surprise them with your sudden appearance.” she said, before picking up our dishes and taking them into the kitchen to wash. I made my way back to my room, picking out a cute dress that I had picked up in Australia that was knee length, a beautiful russet red and had black polka dots. It was a plunging v-neckline and had always made the guys drool.

“I hope you’re wearing those really cute heels with that.” Athena said, coming into my room in her own beautiful dress she had gotten while she was there. It was a gorgeous sapphire blue that had little white flowers on it and was strapless, showing off her upper back quite nicely. To go with it, she chose a cute pair of matching strappy heels. She never really liked heels or dresses or dressing up really, but every now and then she’d decide to let her girly side surface.

“Of course. I wouldn’t let you down.” I said, smiling at her. “Hey do you think we can get away with being the ‘new girl’ at school since we’re all dolled up and gorgeous. Maybe Prick one and Prick two won’t recognize us, so we can keep the charade going eh?” I winked at her and laughed.

“You guys ready?” Dahlia asked, romping into my room in a pair of holy jeans and a black sweater as usual. Dhalia was anti girly. Only ever wore a dress twice in her life. For our eighth grade graduation and our Aunts wedding and that was it.

“Dahlia, why not join the girl brigade for a day? Putting on the cute dress we bought you in Australia would be perfect and we’d all be matching. It’d be like a Elwell sisters grand return thing, like spluuuuuussshh!” Athena said hyperly, making an explosion noise at the end of her quickly delivered speech.

“Hell no, I don’t have anyone to impress at school.” she stated, rolling her eyes at us, seeing as though she didn’t approve of us making the guys jealous, keeping things from them or any of that. I shrugged as I grabbed a pair of wedges that matched my dress, sitting on the corner of my bed as I put them on. “Aren’t you guys worried about running into Max and Craig?”

I almost winced at the mention of Max’s name, considering the last few times we had spoken, it was just straight yelling and anger. Sure, the part of me that cared about Max wanted to call right away and apologize, but the stubborn part of me was choosing to make him deal with it. I had gone from hating his womanizing guts, to falling madly in love with him, thinking he actually had changed and then he decided he wanted to make me a notch in his bed post. Well, some other bitch could fuck Maxwell Scott Green, because no force on Heaven or Earth could get me into his bed now. I mean, at some point I did need to talk things out to get us at least on speaking terms once more, but it wasn’t going to happen for a long time.

“We will cross that bridge when we get there.” I stated, hearing our aunt heading for the door, which signaled us to follow .The ride to school was agonizing, but thankfully we were allowed to be there a little later than everyone else and I didn’t see Max’s car in the parking lot and that meant I wouldn’t be seeing him!

I was practically skipping with myself as we went up to the school, heading into the office only to find out that we would be with a teacher that we had never had before, so hopefully this teacher would actually be of some help. We started on our way to the other side of the school, minding our own business since classes had already started but we had an excuse for the first day. It sucks that we had eight hours of school with one hour break other than bathroom and lunch break.

“I’m going to the bathroom before we start this Hell.” I state, stopping in front of it as my sisters stopped as well.

“Want us to come in with you?” Athena asked and I just shook my head no, while they nodded and went towards the room. I just needed some time to myself before I had to spend time in that room for that damn long. I did my business and then made my way out of the bathroom, bumping into someone only to see that it was the one person I wanted to avoid...Max Green.

Max looked up, about to apologize but he stopped mid word and did a double take. His eyes grew wide and bewildered upon seeing me, and so dressed up might I add.

“Sor- Sheila!” He practically shouted, jumping back and I mentally cursed in my head. “W-what are you doing back?”

“What, that shocked that I’m here? To busy screwing girls while I was away?” I ask curiously, trying to keep the anger down, but it wasn’t doing so well. “I need to get to class and work on my assignments so I can graduate and get out of here.”

“When did you get back? We really need to talk things out and be friends again.” He said, bringing my hands into his and bringing them closer to his chest. I could see that he was being genuine and like he really wanted to make things right, but apart of me really didn’t want to forgive him just yet. I pulled my hands out of his, walking the other way and then I ended up facing him against the wall.

“Let me go Maxwell.” I growl, pushing against him and he just held on stronger.”What do you want from me?” I whisper, looking at his chest as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

“I want to talk to you, is that so much to ask for?” he asks quietly and makes me look at him, seeing that my expression had turned to anger.

“After all the shit that you put me through, you’re lucky I am even talking to you now, but sure Green, I will give you a chance to talk yourself further into a hole.” I finally was able to push him away, seeing him stumble backwards a little bit. “After school at the cafe in town, you’re buying.”

“Thank you…” he said as I was walking away and I looked back at him.

“If you follow me, I will throw something hard at you.” I warn him before I finally got to the room and sat in the front with my sisters. I opened up my laptop and began working on the assignments I needed to work on for one class, finding it hard to focus because not listening to what I said Max followed me.

I walked up to the front of the class and while the teacher was in his office with the door closed, I grabbed a stapler and chucked it at Max’s head. He must not have realized what it was till it was too late and it got him in the middle of the forehead.

“Son of a bitch!” he exclaimed and I realize that it had came open during its flight, causing the staple to pierce his skin but not actually staple it. I did my best not to bust up laughing at the shocked expressions on my sisters faces as I just went back to work as if nothing had happened.

Now I could only hope that our meeting after school would go well, if not the next few days were going to last forever. Hopefully then, I could do my homework in peace of not getting interrupted by annoyances.
♠ ♠ ♠
Recs: 9
Readers: 49
Subscribers: 9
Comments: 25

I hope you all are enjoying this story still, I know we have lost quite a few readers from being so infrequent with update, but hopefully these have been making it up to you all.
Please Subscribe/Comment/Recommend!
Until next time!