Status: Completed, please continue on to sequel ----->

We Won't Back Down

Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Dahlia Elwell

I walked into home room later that afternoon and spotted my best friend Ronnie Radtke sitting near the back of the room in our usual spot. Home room was basically just a free hour to do whatever the hell we wanted so in which case we would just sit there and talk all period. As soon as I feasted my eyes upon his figure, I couldn't help but to smile. His big beautiful brown eyes met mine and the corners of his radiant lips curved up, returning my friendly gesture.
I made my way over to Ronnie and scooted in beside him, pushing his perfect ass over a bit so that I could sit right next him...Yes, I wanted to share a seat with him. So sue me. "Sup Radtke." I greeted him.
"Hey Elwell." he chuckled, wrapping his arm around me, placing his hand on the small of my back, to keep me upright, I was sure. I giggled at his poor attempt to save me from the floor. “So what's going on the world of Dahlia?” He asked craning his head cocked to the side so that he can see my face.
“Ah, nothing much. Dealing with my sisters relationship issues.” I replied rolling my eyes at the thought. I wished they would just solve their problems by kissing the hell out them. That was my suggestion to them because I was pretty sure that there was something there and that those boys would happily oblige. I knew that Craig was usually pretty decent with the ladies, however Max was a bit wild. But if anyone could tame him, it would most likely be Sheila. So in a nutshell, Craig was the jackass and Max was the man whore. What a lovely mix. What my girls need to do is give them a good wake up call. I've been awaiting the day that one of them would step forward and give it to them.
“Right. Your sisters. They seem quite vexed by Mabbit and Mr. Green.” He answered. “But what has been up with you lately? What have you been up to. I mean, how have you been?” Ronnie finished. He seemed just a bit on edge. A little more than usual. His voice kind of wavered and cracked, almost a nervous tone. I don't know why, it was just me. We had known each other since the seventh grade and have grown up and became best friends with one another since then. I flashed him a genuine smile and he smiled a gorgeous little grin back at me. He truly was a beautiful person. I mean, sure he might have gotten mixed up with drugs in the past, but everyone makes mistakes right? He was still the same Ronnie I had always known, just a one that had learned from his experiences. I remember writing him letters every day that he was in rehab. I would bundle the several thin sheets and send them out weekly. He told me in one of his replies one time that my letters were the only thing worth while anymore and that he looked forward to their arrival every week. He told me when he got out that he got through it because me and my letters. I think that experience was part of what made us so close. And then there was his band at the time, Escape the Fate. They kicked him out of the band after he got mixed in with the drugs and broke probation one time. Max was into drugs at one time but not as severe. Anyway, they adopted Craig into the band instead the rest is history. Ronnie has held a bit of a grudge towards them for it, but they seem to be getting along pretty good again lately. I was so proud of Ronnie for how far he has come. I shook myself out of my thoughts, remembering that Ronnie had asked me a question.
“Oh, um, I'm fine. I've just been working hard core on my bass.” I replied. “Oh by the way...can I tell you a secret?” I said making darn certain that I lowered my voice. He shook his head yes and raised his eyebrows at me, absent mindedly biting his bottom lip. “Well...you know that all girl band my sisters and I were speaking about earlier in A.P.? I questioned with a scandolous expression attached to my face.
“Definitely,” came his response.
“Weeeeellllll... that's us...” I trailed off awaiting his response. Ronnies mindblowing mocha shaded eyes widened with pure shock. I let out a burst of laughter when his jaw dropped in disbelief. I placed my first two fingers beneath his slightly cleft stricken chin and tried to close his mouth. I succeeded in this at first, except he let his jaw drop once again immediately afterwards. I giggled for the second time today... in the same hour! What the hell was wrong with me? Ronnie had always made me laugh of chuckle, but hardly ever giggle. Lately he had been progressivley breaking down my barriers and that kind of startled me a bit. He was my bestfriend whom I shared a lot with. But not everything. And now he can read me like a book... I wasn't sure if I liked or not.
Ronnie straightened up and closed his mouth and stared at me. He leaned in close to my ear and lowly whispered, “That's hot.” I have no clue why two little words affected me so, but they did. I could feel my cheeks running hot, a crimson rose shade staining them. “Details later though. I understand you don't want to discuss the matter here. You're calling me later though right?” He said with a sly wink of the eye. I nod and he continues, “Oh! Hey guess what? I myself a new gig.” he went on.
"Really? That's...THAT'S AMAZING!” I exploded with happy. I jumped up and tackled him like a line backer, causing him to slide and fall the rest of the way out of the desk. Although, it didn't end very well for me either because Ronnie took me down with him.
I was laying on him, basically might as well call it full on cowgirl with clothes on. And he wasn't making much of an effort to push me off or get up, but he just laid there smiling up at me. I blushed feeling my skin crawling as I slowly stood up and held my hand out for him so I could help him back up. He grabbed it and got up, lacing his fingers in mine and smiled down at me.
"Dahlia...." he whispers moving my hair behind my ear, causing flutters to erupt through my stomach. I felt my cheeks burning and I hated it...I felt so...so vunerable.And he knew it, naturally since he has known me for this long.
I went to ask him what he was going to say, but then the teacher came in and he let go of my hand. It felt incomplete without hi...what was I saying? This is my best friend...was I falling for him?
So many questions were running through my head and the sad thing is...I have found myself checking him out more and more.
He sighed and brought my chair close to his, his hand on my bare skin, causing me to get an electric shock through my system. He looked me in the eyes and I felt myself leaning closer, ignoring everything in my head telling me not to do this. Even if he was my best friend he had a bad rep with the girls and yet, I didn't care. I realized then and there that a small part of me had always loved that raven haired, brown eyed boy.
He brought my face close to his, but just when our lips were a inch apart the bell had rang and he was gone in that instant.
Was he about to kiss me?
So many questions were going through my head again...so many that it begain to hurt and I knew I needed to lay down. I went to the office and asked to use their sick room. Of course they let me, glaring at me though because I was always ditching class and shit like that. What'd I care? It was my last year and I was ready for graduate and get out of this hell hole. A headache was hitting me and so I decided that it was time for me to sleep.
And when I pass out, I pass out hard.