Status: Completed, please continue on to sequel ----->

We Won't Back Down

Chapter Thirty-Three.

Chapter Thirty-Three.

The Final Chapter.

The day had officially arrived for the boys of Escape the Fate to go on their first ever tour from September to June of the following year. They would be gone for an entire year, allowed to come home for some time in December for the holiday (weather permitting) and then again when spring finally hit. In December, both Sheila and Athena would be six months along and starting the third trimester.

Sheila would be done with her first semester at college and had already gotten permission from her school to take the second semester online since she would be on bed rest anyway. Athena would be managing the store at that point in her pregnancy, her family would know exactly what was wrong with her and she would beg them not to tell Craig. Every part of her wanted to tell him, but the day she had planned on telling him, he had freaked out over her joking about marriage and she thought better of it. Not to mention, she believed that Craig wouldn’t be so gung ho about being a father like Max did.

Dahlia was in shock that her middle sister was pregnant before she was, telling her that their parents had no rule over them anymore, seeing as they had all turned eighteen over the summer. Oh and were their parents pissed when they received the picture announcement, but Sheila stood up to them for once and told them simply that it was their choice to be in their grandchild’s life, but they were not allowed to treat it like they treated their own children. Other news on Dahlia, she and Ronnie had officially chose their wedding date in the middle of August.

Max had talked to the guys all night about his current situation that he was in, whether he would drop the tour to take care of Sheila or to just continue with it. After long hours of contemplation, the guys finally convinced him to stay on the tour and the whole time during winter break, he could spend with her. He had spent the rest of the night, talking to Sheila and their child, hoping it would learn his voice as he promised her to Skype everyday to them both.

Craig had promised Athena the same thing, noticing that something was still upsetting her and it wasn’t just the fact that he was leaving for a year. The first tour normally was the longest, getting them to all states in order to play the major cities She had his promise that he would contact her any time that he possibly could in order for her to know that he missed her and all that.

They were staring in California and would end in Nevada so they could just go home from there, which was fantastic news. The bad news was, there would be fangirls and groupies doing whatever they could to get with the guys, even Lex was concerned about it. It was the girls and drugs part of the Rock n’ Roll lifestyle that frightened them, especially since Max had a drug problem before. they promised the girls they would look out for one another to keep themselves out of trouble.

The day after the boys were leaving, Sheila was moving into her dorm room with the help of her sisters, aunt and Lex. Then they were going out to eat before taking their aunt to the airport for her trip. Dahlia was taking a year off before she started college to help out in the shop and to help out with Sheila’s pregnancy. Athena was making plans to accept the responsibility of being a business owner and figuring out how she was to tell everyone about being pregnant as well.

They all gathered outside of the van that Robert had bought with the money that he had gotten in the contest. The tears were falling on both sides, while Aunt Darlene was busy snapping pictures, wanting to capture the moment so it was always remembered. Her reasoning was that this will be nothing when the guys finally got home, so to remember this would be over before the girls knew it.

“I’ll send you pictures every month of my belly.” Sheila told Max, causing the guys to chuckle and they rolled her eyes.

“Didn’t know that was your turn on Green!” Monte chuckled, nudging him and Robert biffs him. “Ow what the hell?!”

“Don’t say such things about my neiphew!” he exclaimed, having made up the word, because he didn’t know the gender. They guys had come to accepting the news with glee since they were going to be uncles/godparents. This kid was in for a crazy lifestyle with all the uncles and aunts it had.

“I’m going to miss you guys so much.” Athena said while she gathered them all into a group hug. “It’s going to be forever before we get to see each other again.”

“Like your aunt said, it’ll be over before you even get to realize we are gone.” Craig said, smiling at her and pulling her close, planting a kiss on her lips. Everyone started catcalling causing him to flip them all off and Athena rolled her eyes at them.

“We probably should get on the road, Billie said our first show is in a few day and we are meeting them and flying on their plane.” ‘Monte said looking at his watch, causing all of us to groan in dismay. Lex, Athena and Sheila all started crying once again, hugging onto their boyfriends like it was the last thing they would ever do.

Goodbyes were exchanged and kisses received, before the guys piled into their van and took off down the road. They waved till they were completely out of sight and then a sadness fell over the girls.

The relationships that had been rebuilt over the last year at high school, the loves they had rekindled and the paths they were on were about to take a huge leap forward. So much could happen in the matter of twelve months, leaving everyone questioning loyalty, friendships, family and why the universe puts them through hell.

Will Athena tell Craig the truth about being pregnant?
How will he react to her keeping it from him?
Can Sheila make it through the pregnancy without Max?
How will Dahlia’s wedding go?
Will old romances bloom?
Will Raising Babylon be able to make a comeback?

These questions and more, will be answered in the sequel “As You’re Falling Down.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if this was an odd ending, but we wanted to try something different for this chapter. This adventure started three or four years ago and had officially come to an end and it has been quite the journey. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we have and we will start the sequel after we work on our own projects for a while.

Please tell your friends about this and keep an eye out for "As You're Falling Down."

Recommend/Comment/Subscribe.

Thank you all once again, you all are what kept this going over the years along with crazy spurts of inspiration! I'm glad I had such a great co writer!