Status: Completed, please continue on to sequel ----->

We Won't Back Down

Chapter Four.

Chapter Four

Shelia Elwell.

"Sis come on now!" I said shaking her, getting annoyed and wanting to go home. Athena was getting angry, she was cranky and wanted to take a nap before she finished her homework for her AP classes.
"Dahlia, wake your ass up!" Athena growls, pushing her off of the bed and Dahlia lets out a loud yell.
"What?!" she exclaimed as she gets up, slightly irritated by the fact that she was woken up.
"Let's get the hell out of here, I'm tired." Athena complained, turning on her heel and storming out of the room with a bit of jitter. I wondered what jumped up her ass. Well the joke was on her because she probably had forgotten that all three of us had to work that afternoon, so operation sleep was going to have to be put on hold.
"Alright, alright, don't get your panties in a twist lassy." Dahlia dusted herself off and we followed Athena out the sick room and out into the parking lot. We headed out to the car we all had bought with our own 1997 Buick Riveara and take turns driving it around.
Didn't work well when it came going on dates...then again, what did I have to worry about?Not only did I NOT have a boyfriend, I didn't even have the full license to drive the car. Something both of my parents actually agreed on. It was their children's full education, them going to college and having cars and jobs of their own. Other than that, my father was caught up in his misionary work whilst my mother was galavanting all over the world being a scientist and making new discoveries and all that.
How they made it this far was beyond me.
So they went on trips with each other, only to go their seperate ways without a word until they were needing to go back home. We saw them two weeks after they are gone for three months and sometimes more at a time. They call once every two weeks too..doubt they'd actually do it this week.
We pulled up to work and got out, wouldn't you know it? No one was int the parking lot waiting. My aunt was the one in charge of us while our parents were gone this time and she was the one that gave us the jobs at the music store. She gave us the jobs, no strings attached because she couldn't have children of her own and it angered her that our parents did this to us.
I went right in the back to work on the flyers and banners for the competition so we could start getting money coming in for all the stuff needed
"Athena, no passing out in the drums again" I state and she poked her head in, flipping me off in which I returned the favor. We did that back and forth but it was all in good fun, only occationally did Dahlia and I come to words do to it. We always end up making up though, because that is what sisters are supposed to do.
I started working and the previous thoughts kept coming back to me. I put my head in my hands and felt tears slipping down my face. My parents really don't know me or my sister due to their jobs and they don't care. I jumped a bit, hearing someone cough from the doorway and I quickly wiped the tears away.
"Are you ok?" a british accent asked and I turned around to snap, but then stopped when I saw this gorgeous man standing there, black hair with a red bandana and these amazing green eyes. He came in and sat infront of me on his feet, crouched down and he looked at me. "A beautiful girl such as yourself shouldn't be shedding tears."
I blushed. "I'm alright, just stressed." I stated and he looked at me, in a way that showed that he knew I was lying.
"Alright, but what is really the matter?" he asks, catching me off guard by taking my hand in his. I looked at him shocked.
"Why would you care so much about a stranger?" I ask, slightly confused on what his real intentions are. He sighed before positioning his hand in a shaking form and looked me in the eyes.
"I am Jacky Vincent, I'm friend and bandmate of Ronnie Radke and yourself darling?" he asks like a gentleman.
"S-Shelia Elwell." I stutter out and he kissed the top of my hand, causing me to blush again.
"See? Strangers no more." he smiles and lets go of my hand, but remaining in his spot. I sighed and began on the story of my life and having to deal with Max Green every single day of my life. The whole time I was talking, he was actually listeninng to me and never once tried to interupt or make a snide comment. It was refreshing!
After about thirty minutes and I was done with my story, I looked at my work and realized that I was at the same point on this project as the last time I started.
I smiled at Jacky and he smiled back, before I jotted my number down on a scrap piece of paper and handed it to him.
"Sorry, but I got work to do, text me anytime you need to talk or are bored." I state and he stood up, doing a little bow and kissing the top of my hand. "Thank you so much for listening."
"Your welcome darling, anytime you need me," he writes his number on a piece of paper, handing it to me, "I will be there." and then he was gone.
I sat there for a moment and went over everything, before I started working again. I glanced over when I caught the sight of red out of the corner of my eye. He had left the red bandana in the chair when he had taken it off of his head. I quickly got up, with it in hand and looked all over the store, but he was no where to be found. I walked back to the office, smirking and snapping a picture of a passed out Athena in the drums.
I put Jacky Vincent's number into my phone and texted him:
To: Jacky Vincent
From: Me
Hey, sorry to bug you, but you left your bandana in my office.
I could keep it here for you to pick up?

I figured it would be a little bit before I heard from him again, but I was wrong, because he texted back almost instantly.
From: Jacky Vincent
To: Me
No, that is fine darling, it would look better on you than
me anyway and I have millions of them at home, but
hey, I will text you later. Band practice. Hope work
gets better darling.

I blushed, putting my cellphone in my pocket, not wanting to seem like one of those extremely annoying girls that texting while someone they had just met was busy. I looked at the bandana, grabbing it and putting it on my head.
"Hey...is that Jacky Vincent's bandana?" Dahlia asked from the doorway and it caused me to jump. At this rate, these banners would never get finished in time. I look back at her and nod as she comes in, pulling up a chair. "He is definatly a looker that is for sure."
She glanced at the computer screen, "Are you sure you don't want me to do these? You look really stressed..." I smiled at her and hugged her, not wanting to let go, because I felt lonely.
This is why abandonment issues sucked along with high emotions that made life a living hell and crying easy to come by.
"I am just wanting high school to be over...and to stop getting sexually harrassed by Max all the time sissy..." I whisper, as she started rubbing my back.
"I know hun, we have a while to go though and so much more to learn before we head off on our own."
Yup...that did it.
Tears started streaming down my face and she squeezed me tightly.
"I know things don't look like it right now, but things will look up and when they do, you'll be that happy kid we know and love so much." she whispers and kisses me on the top of the head. She stands up and hands me a tissue, "Now I have to go wake up your bum of a sister and we all need to actually start working on getting this place ready for the competition. I love you Kiddo."
"I love you too sissy." I whispered, turning towards the screen once more. Oh boy! Now it was about time to get down to business and get these banners done.