Status: Completed, please continue on to sequel ----->

We Won't Back Down

Chapter Five.

Chapter Five

Athena Elwell

I must have fallen asleep, exactly what my sister told me NOT to do, because one minute I was shining a drum set and the next somehing small and plastic was being pelted at my face. I jolted awake to the sound of my sister Dahlia's voice calling me a bum, as always.
"Athena, wake your ass up, this is not your bedroom fool! Get up, wipe that drool up that you so kindly left on the snare, and fucking do something with your life, ya bum bum!" She hounded me as if I hadn't heard it a million times over. I straightened up, drew my left hand across my chin to wipe the drool away and replied to her comment.
"I was doing something, see." I said while proceeding to pick up polishing the drum where I left off. I started feeling an incredible amount of heaviness fall upon my eyelids once again. I dropped my head and almost drifted back to sleep once more. I must have had my mouth open or something because I woke up choking on a fucking bass pick. Dahlia didn't even give a shit because she walked away and left me to perform the himlick manuver on myself. I coughed up the bass pick and wiped it on my jeans. Yuck!
"You know that you shouldn't fall asleep on the job" Shelia smirked as she walked past with some fliers. When did she start wearing bandanas? I shook the thought and finished up with the drums. But whilst shining my last symbol, I sort of drifted off again...
[i[(Craig Mabbit)
The guys and I decided to make a pit stop on the way to band practice. Montey needed some new guitar strings and to check out the amps. Max wanted to check out the basses and straps at RockIt Science , the little music shop downtown. It was going to be especially fun because the Elwell girls worked there. Kind of ironic seeing as they probably don't know the first thing about instruments and or reading music. I wondered if Athena was still awake. She has a tendency to fall asleep polishing things, mostly on the drums. It was always fun to mess with her whenever she did that.
We pulled into the parking lot and parked far enough away from the door so that none of the girls would see us coming in and they wouldn't expect it. I liked the element of surprise, just like the surprise of Escape the Fate coming in first place at that battle of the bands contest. We would win and get that contract, and no one, especially not that lame girl band was going to stand in our way. We entered the music shop and spread out, playing up the sneaky ninja factor. As soon as we came in, Shiela came out of the back room, obviously planning on taking a relaxing break for a few minutes since it was about an hour since their shifts started. She stopped mid-step, her eyes widened and she adopted the deer in the headlights expression and mummbled almost inaudibly. But I still heard it because I, unlike the Elwells, possessed a musicans ear.
“Damn... I'm going back.” She said, and with that she turned and bolted back to her safe haven. I turned my attention back to my mission. I spotted Athena back in the drum section passed out, slumping over a symbol. I smirked and made my way back to her, deciding to have a little fun. I sat infront of her, on one of the drummer stools, looking at her.
I always noticed that she was pretty, but lately she seemed to become more beautiful to me, but doesn't change the fact that she hated me. I touched her knee and slowly started running my hand up and down her leg, causing her to shudder. I chuckled slightly and decided not to totally pass my limit by getting under her skirt. That was the type of thing Max did to a sleeping girl, but I had a little more class than that. I moved her hair ever so slightly and kissed her neck, running my hand up and down her side. God, I loved watching her squirm. I couldn't help myself, but I gave her hip a small squeeze and she moaned my name.
I jumped back and fell off the stool as her brown eyes shot open and were staring me down in pure shock.
"Wha...What the hell?!" she yelled jumping up and I looked at her smirking.
(Athena Elwell)
I...I had just moaned in fro...because of Craig Mabbit! What the hell? Not only did I have a very disturbing dream, but part of it was actually happening in real life!
"Were you dreaming about me?" he asks coming closer, but i put up my hand stopping him.
"Of you? Never!" I snapped defensivly and he pushed my hand away coming closer. He brought my chin up, staring into my eyes and his breathe so close. My lips started tingling in anticipation, just like there was a tingling on my neck as if he had be..."Were you kissing my neck!?"
"Answering mine truthfully and I may answer yours" he says, licking his lips, causing me to have a moment of distraction before I shook my head a few times to clear it.
"Whatever creeper." I scoffed rolling my eyes, moving away from the drum area and going to the basses. I saw Max playing one and groaned. Of course, we can have no peace. "Shocked you aren't bugging my sister."
He looks up and rolls his eyes. "Do you think your sister is the only girl I go after?"
Naturally, should have known that was going to be his answer. I felt the bass pick in my pocket and smirked, "Hey Max, want a free bass pick?"
"Sure?" he said uncertain and I tossed it to him.
I ignored him after that and started polished off the basses, but not passing out like I did with the drums. It was calming for me to do this, but not with annoying distractions coming from Max's direction. I groaned and finally went to my domain.
Guitars.
And thankfully, none of the idjits were in that part at the moment to bug the ever living shit out of me and piss me off. I started polishing off one of the Schecters and couldn't help myself as I started playing. I kept pushing myself faster and faster till I literally gave myself a blister on my finger from playing without a pick. I sighed and looked up, seeing Monte staring at me shocked.
"What?" I ask irritated and he smiles.
"I didn't know you could play...hell let alone know a brand name guitar." he says and I looked at him like really.
"Yeah, I do...I know ALOT about guitars and just about every instrument in this store, but I know everything about guitars and play only the guitar." I stated, not meaning to come acrossed as a bitch, but I was mad.
He held up his hands. "Sorry, I didn't mean to bug you or upset you...it's just shocking..."
"Wait, you can play guitar?" I groaned louder, seeing Craig standing there staring me down and hung my head. Great here comes more bullshit and everything.
"Yeah she can and she is pretty damn good at it." Shelia said, from behind him and i sighed in relief. If anyone was going to make them go away it would be her.
"Bet she isn't as good as Monte." he says and something flared in her eyes. Oh god...oh no...she wasn't goi...
"Wanna bet?" she growled at him and met his eyes.
"Yeah, fifty bucks says she isn't better."
"Make it one hundred dollars and you got a deal, unless your to much of a pussy to follow through." she said and then turned to look at us. "Out of their pocket."
"Wait, what?!" Monte and I both exclaimed, staring at her and she nodded.
"Deal." Craig said smirking at me.
"You don't know what Craig does with his money, so I don't want you to get an infection." she said smirking and he and I looked at each other. Neither of us wanted to do this, but I don't think we were getting much of a choice in any of this.
I sighed. "How troublesome."
Damn her ego. Damn it to hell!
I opened my wallet and pulled out my lucky guitar pick that was black with a blue spider on it. I looked at him.
"Want to start or should I?" I ask, biting my lip. I knew how good of a guitarist Monte Money is and I was a little nervous that I would lose not only this battle, but one hundred bucks and would get so much hell from Craig...
"Ladies first." he said and I began playing, leaving the best for last. Our competition went on for about thirty minutes and by this time Dahlia and the rest of Craig's band were standing tehre watching us play. He was running out of stuff since he used his best ammo first and so I took it upon myself to bring out the most thrashing ass tone that I could, with some blistering speed.
My sisters were going bat shit crazy cheering for me and it was actually feeding me energy. I loved this and this is what I wanted to do the rest of my life. I wanted to bring people to their feet, make them eat their words even. I would not stop until proved that.
Monte stopped playing and started applauding and everyone followed persuit, all except Craig who was standing there in awe. And for what it seemed for the first time in his life, Craig Mabbit and all his snarky comments were silenced.
Success.