Status: On Hold

Play The Song

Intro

Have you ever listened to a song and thought: I can relate, or this song is about me? Sometimes, a song is about the person who the artist wrote the song for. Sometimes artists write songs just to get back at someone. I guess that’s what I did; I wrote songs to get back at the one I loved. Three years together and then, just like that, it ended. So I thought, why not get back at him?

I started a band. I didn't do it for the right reasons like I should have. Don't get me wrong, I love music with all my heart and it wasn't for the money -- I could care less about that. I started this band so I could get back at someone, to let them know how much I hated them. In my case I was still in love, I just never let it show.

I honestly didn't think our band would take off. I thought it would just be another wannabe band but that one song took off and the rest seems like a dream. I started this band with three of my best friends and I had to tell them the reason. At first they hated it, but after a while they didn't care. We were on top of the world. I came up with the name Love Kills Slowly which is true, in my eyes.

The person I wrote the songs for did find out eventually. Of course he did; he was in a band as well. His name was Bill Kaulitz. He’s the man I pretended to hate but actually loved, and still do. He fired back and started writing songs about me; I guess we had a war going on. It should never have happened but in one way I'm glad it did. I'm not going to tell why just yet; I'm not even sure how this story will end.

In some ways it was my way of healing, the only way I knew how to heal. But overall it really didn't help as much as thought it would. It made me feel so good to sing the songs I wrote out loud, to let the whole world know how I felt. I hurt people along the way, though, and I never meant for that to happen. Not even to the one I loved.

At the time I didn't see how much I’d hurt someone because I was still hurt myself; I didn’t understand why I should have to feel bad about it.

I look back on it now and realize it was wrong of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rewriting. Taking my time.