Status: On Hold

Play The Song

From The Beginning

Lexi's POV

I often wonder how everyone else handles their break up, if maybe I could learn something from them. I do question myself about if this is the right thing, if I should be doing this. This is right. I have the right to let the world know how I feel, even him. Our relationship was a beautiful thing -- at least, for three years it was.

I met Bill in a coffee shop. I was in a hurry like always and then, suddenly, I ran into someone tall. I looked up and my eyes met such a beautiful person, it was unreal. He gave me this wonderful smile that I instantly fell in love with. I kept saying sorry like there was no tomorrow but he just laughed as if it was nothing. From that moment on, we were never apart. Until now.

We became close friends after that, though I came to realize that there was something more -- at least, to me there was. After six months I realized I was in love with my best friend. I couldn't tell him, though. I remember the night like it’s just happened, for it often plays in my mind like a lost lullaby. We were walking the beach in California and to me the night seemed a little different but I couldn't point out why. That was the night we told each other we loved each other.

From then on it seemed like we were perfect. We had our small fights, and this one big fight, yet nothing that brought us close to breaking up. I thought I’d finally found my one love, the one I would spend my life with. Imagine how I felt when I got told something different.

I still try to block out the memory to this day. All he said is that it would be better if we didn't see each other anymore; that he couldn't always be there for me. He was traveling a lot more; he wouldn't be home a lot.

Like I said, I block that memory out. I won't let myself go down that road again. It's funny if you think about how he has some stupid brunette girl on his arm now. Maybe she's the one, maybe she’s what he’s been looking for. I still find it funny. After we broke up I went downhill and I started to drink. I thought that maybe I could drink our memories away, and maybe even him too.

After a year I come to realize that I could only drink him away for so long and that's when it hit me: that I needed to start a band to write songs about him. I thought that would be the best way to heal, better then drinking it away. No one knows how much I still love him, no one knows how much I still hurt or how my heart breaks when I see pictures of him and his new toy.

I hide my feelings; I don't want anyone to know what I'm going through. I just sing it out. For a while the fans had no idea who the songs were for, and I was planning on keeping it that way. But when Bill fired back with one of his songs, then everything came out.

Now it seems like a war has started, and all because of one song.