Status: Updating as often as I can! (college, etc)

Black (Veil) Ops

Chapter 13

Einstein was wrong. Time doesn't slow down when you're approaching the speed of light, it slows down when you're in the same building for three and a half days, trying to figure what "superpower" the freaky Stone of something-or-other stuck you with.

On top of that we'd gotten two calls, one from a kinda freaked Blasko, and the other from a very freaked out Jon. Those were fun. Things you should avoid like the plague, #1: Freaking out your managers like this. Ordinarily they wouldn't care, but when the whole band disappears a week and a half before you go on tour again, they freak out.

Aside from that though, the only interesting thing that happened in the last hour, or however long it was, was when we discovered CC could teleport. Naturally the first thing we did was send him to get us junk food, video games, and more alcohol. So now we were lying around the room with our food babies, killing zombies, and starting work on another hangover, while Jonah, with occasional help from us, scrolled through the list of powers. Some of them were pretty obviously not us.

"No slime creatures, moving on," Jonah muttered. "Here, does someone else wanna take this over?"

"Here, I'll do it," Andy said, reaching over CC's head to take the phone from Jonah. "Alright, let's see, which ones haven't we covered...? Oh, here we go, telekinesis. Who wants to take a crack at that one?"

"I will," I said. It'd been a while since I'd tried a power.

"Alright. Here, try taking the phone," Andy said, holding out his hand.

I took a deep breath and tried to focus. How exactly was this supposed to work anyway? I took another breath, held out my hand, closed my eyes, and just tried imagining the phone coming towards me.

"Holy crap," I heard Jinxx laugh. "Haha dude, Carolyn, look at this."

I opened my eyes. The phone was hovering in the air and coming towards me. I caught it and looked over at the others. "That's right," I said, mentally floating it above my hand. "Telekinesis, bitch!" I flipped it around, and send it towards Ash. "Your turn. Pick one," I said as he caught it.

"Man, Carolyn, that's pretty sick," Jake said from the couch.

"Thanks," I replied. "That's about the only thing you've said this whole time that hasn't made me wanna punch you," I laughed.

Jake smiled. "Well what else are big brothers for besides making your life a living Hell?"

"Speaking of Hell, how 'bout this one?" Ash asked. "And just a heads up, this one totally blows everyone else's out of the water."

"What is it?" Sammi asked.

"Pyrokinesis. The ability to generate and control fire."

"Okay, that is bad-ass," Andy agreed. "From now on you will refer to me as 'Sid, Lord of the Flames'."

"Hey Lord of the Flames," CC said. "Your hand's on fire."

Andy looked down at his hand. "Holy shit! Holy freak-in' shit!"

"Holy crap, man," Jonah murmured.

"Oh my God, that's awesome!" Andy laughed.

"Seriously? You getta control fire? Oh I hate you," Jinxx muttered, half-jokingly.

"Aw, it's ok Jinxx, one of us had to have a less impressive power. I mean all I can do is move stuff around with my mind," I said consolingly.

"That's what she said," CC muttered.

"Thanks Carolyn," Jinxx laughed, hugging me.

"Alright, alright, that's great we all love each other, now give me my phone, so I can figure out what the bollox Jake's power is," Jonah said reaching towards the phone.

"Damn that phone gets handed around more then a Vegas hooker," I said as it got passed from person to person yet again.

"Oi," Jonah sighed.

"Die you Goddamn zombie, die!" Jake shouted.

"Chill bro," CC laughed, dropping onto the couch next to him. "Oh shit, you're totally swamped." I came over to see the screen. CC was right, Jake was swamped. He'd need some serious firepower to get out of this alive.

"I know. If I could just...." All of sudden, Jake's eyes went completely black.

"Holy crap," Andy breathed, still staring at the screen. "Jake, man, how'd you do that move?"

"I don't know. I was visualizing it in my head, and wishing there was someway I could actually pull it off in-game, and then, I just...did it."

"Aha!" Ash said, looking over Jonah's shoulder, "There we go, 1986, the last time the Stone granted any powers, there was a new one," he took the phone and passed it to Jake. "The Technopath."

"Oh, sweet mother of all things holy, I talk to technology! Heck yes!" Jake said, throwing his arms up in the air. "Woooohoooo!!!!!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so sorry that it took this long to update, but I have a crapload of school work to do (senior year and all that), but here's a new chapter for you all, and I hope you like it :) Huge thank you to everyone who reads this, and especially the subscribers. No joke, every time I come on and there's new readers or subscribers, I squeal and do a little happy dance, so thank you all! Comments welcome, and I'll try to update again as soon as I can.