Status: Updating as often as I can! (college, etc)

Black (Veil) Ops

Chapter 18

"Hey. Carolyn, wake up," someone said, gently shaking my shoulder. I blinked, letting my eyes adjust, and slowly became aware of Ashley standing over my bed.

"What in the seven hells are you doing here?" I mumbled.

"It's Saturday," he replied.

"And, so? ...Oh shit, it's Saturday!" I said, burying my face in my pillow.

"Don't worry, I brought you coffee," he laughed. "Come on, get up."

"How'd you even get in here?"

"Your door's standing wide open."

"Oh. Shit." I rolled over, and curled up under my sheet.

"Hey, come on dude, get up."

I grumbled, then flopped back over to look at Ash. "What'd you bring me?" I asked, nodding towards the Starbucks cup in his hand.

"Venti caramel macchiato, upside down, with extra caramel."

I smiled groggily. "You remember."

"I remember everyone's order, and your's doesn't get the looks that Andy's does, but you're not getting it until you get out of that bed."

"You're mean."

"I know," he said, smirking a little.

"What if I said I wasn't wearing pants?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Well, that wouldn't work because 1, do I look like I'd care? And 2, your leg's hanging out, and I can totally see your pants."

"Uhrrgh...fine. Get my freaking glasses for me, would you? Top of the dresser, left hand side," I said, pointing weakly in their general direction.

"How do you usually get these?" Ashley asked, handing me the case.

"I can function without them, just not well. Headaches and such."

"I know, I know. You want your coffee?"

"I want you to get out, so I can get dressed."

"You sure about that?"

"I will throw things at you."

"I'm going, I'm going. Geez woman, take a joke," he laughed, pulling the door shut behind him.

"I can take a joke. I just don't like taking your bullshit" I muttered, grabbing clothes without really paying attention to what they were.

"Hey, hurry up, or I'm gonna drink this myself," Ashley called through the door.

"I'm coming!" I pulled on a shirt, and opened the door, grabbing my coffee before Ashley actually started drinking it. i knew better than to think he wouldn't. "So, FBI meeting, yes?" I asked, heading towards the front door.

"Hey you," CC said, opening the door to 'our' room at the Black Box. Jonah must have replaced over the past week, because I didn't any scorch marks à la Andy on it now.

"Hey yourself," I replied, giving him a quick hug on my way in. "She here yet?" I asked, sitting between Jinxx and Andy.

"Not yet," Jonah answered.

"You've got great timing," Jake said to me and Ashley. "you get to class late, but before the teacher does."

"You're a cultural hero," Andy added.

"Was that sarcasm?" I asked.

"Not this time," he laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! New chapter, sorry if it's a bit short, I've been pretty busy, and I haven't had as much writing time. But huge thank you to everyone who's still subscribed, and I'm going to try to start updating more often again soon. So, thanks for reading, send me comments (I don't bite), and I promise I'll be back