I Don't Believe in Fairytales

Crying

The sound of crying filled my eardrums causing unease to bubble in the pit of my stomach. The crying grew louder sending me in a frenzy to search for the source of it. My legs carried me in a rush throughout the dark empty house. I hurried up the stairs to the second landing where the sound raised in octaves.

Quickly walking down the halls passing by each door I finally stumbled across the room where the high pitch crying was coming from. Stepping inside of the bedroom I was confronted by the sight of a crib residing in the middle of the enclosed space. I approached the white crib and peered over the side of it to see a tiny whimpering infant.

The impulse to comfort the distressed baby coursed through my veins. Reaching forward I picked up the baby and cradled the small body in my arms. Rocking the baby boy in my embrace seemed to quiet down his loud cries. As the crying died down the baby boy opened his little eyes causing my body to freeze.

Staring up at me were a pair of chocolate brown eyes. My heart felt like it stopped beating in my chest as I realized the baby in my arms looked exactly like Brian with his matching brown irises and the small tuft of brown hair on his head. A smile tugged on my lips as I stared at the baby boy I was holding and feeling a gut instinct that he was mine.


My eyelids snapped open while I jolted awake in the large bed. Pressure dug into my ribs causing it hard to breathe as I noticed Matt's heavy arm draped across my midsection. A sudden urge to vomit erupted in my throat.

I pushed Matt's limp arm off of my upper torso before I ran towards the ajar door of the bathroom. My bare knees collided with the tiled floor as I retched the contents of my stomach into the toilet bowl. These past few mornings have been consisting of the same routine of throwing up each time I wake up.

So many emotions have been coursing through my mind these last couple of days and the dream I had just woken up from did not help the growing worry gnawing in my gut. I couldn't help but think what if the dream was a sign of what is to come. Ever since I regained the memory of Brian I could not stop thinking about him.

Matt's loud snore cut through my thoughts causing me to get up from my position on the floor. I flushed the toilet before washing my hands and exiting out of the bathroom. I glanced at the clock on the nightstand to see it was noon and Matt was still sleeping on the bed on his stomach.

I walked over towards the closet opening the door to scan my eyes over the clothing. I grabbed a pair of shorts and a black t-short before closing the closet doors. Stripping out of the clothes I slept in I changed into the clean clothing. Once I was dressed I took on last glance at Matt still sleeping before leaving the bedroom.

Walking down the hall I reached the stairs and stepped down them to the first floor of the house. Surprisingly, the house was quiet which caught me off guard considering around this time the house is chaos with the guys making so much noise. Speaking of the guys they were no where in sight as I entered the living room where they usually are watching television.

I stepped out of the living room and made my way to the kitchen to get something to eat seeing as my stomach was growling with hunger. As I walked into the kitchen I was confronted with the sight of Pamela sitting at the table eating what looked like to be a bowl of cereal.

Pamela glanced up from her breakfast to smile at me, "Good morning."

"Not really," I mumbled while I walked over towards the table and sitting across from her.

She noticed my glum demeanor causing her to stop eating, "Are you okay?"

I shook my head, "No."

"Want to talk about it?" She questioned with a tone of concern.

"Yes," I instantly agreed needing someone to talk to.

She grabbed my hand before standing up from her seat, "Come on."

I stood up from the chair and followed behind her as she pulled me along. We stepped out of the house and into the backyard. She pulled me towards the pool where we sat down on the edge and allowed our feet to dip into the water. Silence enveloped between us as she waited patiently for me to speak. I knew I needed to let this out and tell someone to relieve the weight off of my shoulders.

"I think I'm pregnant," I blurted out into the quiet atmosphere, "And I think its Brian's."

My eyes stared down at the blue crystal water as I splashed my feet around. I tried to avoid eye contact with her knowing I could not look her in the eye.

"Why do you think that?" She asked in a quiet manner.

"Haven't you ever had that feeling where you just know?" I questioned.

"Yes," She answered.

"I just know Matt and I are not supposed to be together and I hate not remembering anything of my life," I said hearing my voice crack as tears welled up in my eyes.

She placed her hands on my shoulders trying to comfort me in my distressed state.

"I wish I could tell you that everything is going to be okay, but I can't," she said causing the tears to spill down my cheeks.

"I feel like ever since I woke up from the coma I have been told lie after lie and if I am pregnant then it is only going to get worse," I explained through my tears.

"Trinity, stressing over this is not good for you and it is only hurting yourself. Why don't I tell Jimmy to buy a pregnancy test tomorrow and we will see if you are really pregnant, okay?"

I nodded my head while wiping away my tears, "Okay."

It once again became quiet between us as I felt my head fall onto her shoulder. Pamela's arm was draped across my shoulders while we stayed in that position in the silent environment. She was right that stressing over this was not good for me and if I was pregnant then it is not good for the baby.

In a way I do wish that there is a baby growing in my stomach, but I was also scared of the what were to happen if I am pregnant. How would Matt react if is it true? Or Brian?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you xo.Shadows Synner.xo, Neon_Skies_Killjoy, MoMo_92, XtremeFairy, XLos3rfac3X, angel4ever35, and isinhapaula all so much for commenting.