I Don't Believe in Fairytales

Pregnancy Test

For the past hour I have constantly paced back and forth in the bedroom that I share with Matt. I have been waiting for Pamela to come back from the store with Jimmy to bring the test. It is so nerve wrecking to wait for such a thing as this especially with Matt coming to bother me ever so often.

My body stopped moving as my eyes glanced towards the door at the sound of a knock. The door opened without a word of confirmation from me. A sigh passed through my chapped and dry lips when I saw that it was Pamela who came into the room.

No exchange of words were said to one another as she handed me the white and pink cardboard box. I hesitantly grabbed the box before turning my back to her and walking into the adjoined bathroom. Once I closed the door I started to read the directions printed on the back of the box. It seemed pretty simple instructions to follow seeing as I only need to pee on the stick and wait ten minutes for the results to show.

I clumsily peeled open one side of the box before taking out the white stick. Quickly I pulled down my shorts and followed the steps written on the test package. When I finished I placed the test on the white countertop and pulled up my clothing on my bottom half. I washed my hands before placing the toilet lid down and waited anxoiusly for the next ten minutes to pass by.

Time seemed to go by slow as I could not stay still in one position. One minute I am sitting down and the next I am pacing around in the small space of the bathroom. Worry consumed my mind as I thought about the different possible outcomes of what would happen if I am pregnant. The stress of worrying was gnawing away at my insides and caused me to be more worried about the reactions of both Matt and Brian.

Finally after what felt like forever the ten minutes had gone by. Fear crept into my gut as I slowly reached out my hand towards the white stick holding the final answer to all of my questions. I breathed out a sigh while I glanced down towards the plastic stick in my grasp.

The big pink plus sign adorning the white stick caused shock to consume all of my senses. I am really pregnant, I thought as my body was in a state of surprise. I did not really believe I was pregnant until this very moment now with the confirmation of the pink plus sign staring up at me.

In a robotic state of mind I carried the test in my hand while I exited out of the bathroom. Pamela was still in the room sitting on the bed and patiently waiting for me. She stood up once I entered the bedroom and quickly walked over towards my shocked self. She glanced at the stick in my hand before looking back at me with concern filling her caramel colored irises.

"I really am pregnant?" I questioned more then stated in a dazed tone.

"Yes, you really are honey," Pamela said in an assuring and friendly voice.

"What am I going to do?" I asked in a desperate manner.

Pamela opened her mouth to answer my question, but she was interrupted by the door to the bedroom opening. My eyes widened as I gazed towards the open door and expected to see Matt walk through the threshold. My guess was wrong when the last person I expected to stepped pass the doorway and into the bedroom.

The brown-eyed man stopped walking into the room when he saw Pamela and I. His chocolate orbs lingered on the plastic stick I was holding in my left hand. My heart tightened in my chest once my green eyes met with the possible father of the child growing in my stomach.

"What is in your hand?" Brian asked me in a curious tone.

"I'm going to go," Pamela said before exiting out of the room and leaving Brian and I alone.

I stared at Brian causing the words in my mouth to die on my tongue. In silence I watched as Brian walked closer towards me to take a better look at the stick in my grip. Realization set in Brian's eyes as did a tint of sadness cloud his irises.

"Its Matt's?" He questioned in a small voice.

"I don't know," I answered truthfully.

His head snapped up and his eyes brightened at my answer. Confusion appeared on his facial expression that matched my own.

"I remember the feelings I have for you Brian and they do not compare to any feelings I have for Matt," I stated with a small smile adorning my lips, "Honestly, I believe this is your baby Brian."

A huge grin appeared on his face as he quickly approached my figure. I dropped the stick in my hand when he picked me up from the ground and into his arms.

"I wish you could remember it all, but I just want you to know that I love you and I don't care if this baby is not mine because I am going to be by side through it all if you want," he spoke with that smile never leaving his flawless face.

My heart swelled at his words and not once in the past few weeks has Matt made me feel like Brian has made me in this moment right now.

"Yes," I said breathlessly, "I want so badly to remember what we had together Brian, but I do know in my heart that I love you."

His eyes glistened with happiness and love as he gazed into my emerald colored orbs. One of his hands attached to the back of my neck bringing my face closer to his. My plumb lips met with Brian's thin ones as a spark ignited throughout my body. I have never felt this before and it made my whole body feel alive.

We were both caught up in our emotions in the passionate and breathtaking kiss that neither one of us noticed the other individual who had entered the room. A clearing of a throat brought us out of our daze and caused us to break apart.

Our heads turned towards the door to see who had interrupted us and I instantly regretted looking towards the person who had stepped into the room. This was the moment I was dreading the most and it is just my luck to come at the worst possible timing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you xo.Shadows Synner.xo, XtremeFairy, angel4ever35, MoMo_92, Neon_Skies_Killjoy, xMandiblesx, and xLadyxInuKashix all very much for your comments. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

If anyone is interested I have a new Brian story. Check it out here.