I Don't Believe in Fairytales

Set Free

The hospital finally released me once the discharged papers were signed and I got my prescription. Brian stayed by my side the entire time and he is literally doing everything for me. He doesn't even want to me walk which is why I have to be in a wheelchair that he is pushing me around in. I am surprised he is allowing me to breathe on my own.

"Brian, I can get into the car by myself," I told him after his attempt to pick me up and put me into the passenger seat.

"I just don't want you to get hurt again, babe," he said, causing my heart to melt at his words.

"I know, Bri, but it's okay," I assured him.

He unlocked and opened the door to his black BMW as I stood from the wheelchair. He held onto my hand while I got into the passenger side of the vehicle. Once I was in Brian walked to the other side and sat down in the driver's seat. I buckled the seat belt as did Brian before he started the engine and peeled out of the hospital parking lot.

"Do you want to pick up your prescription now or head back to the house?" he asked nonchalantly, turning on the radio to a rock station.

"Back to the house," I answered with a yawn.

My frail body was consumed with fatigue of enduring several tests and having multiple needles stuck in my arm. I rested my head against the cool glass of the window. The vibrations of the car were lulling me to sleep as well as Brian's hand rubbing circles on the skin of my thigh.

"Trin," he whispered causing me to lift my head from its resting place.

My green irises gazed upon Brian who grabbed my small hand and squeezed it in his larger grasp.

"I am going to get you out, Trin. It is just going to be you, me, and the baby," he said, moving his hand from within mine to place it upon my stomach.

"I should have gotten us both out of here sooner, but I thought I lost you to him."

"Don't dwell in the past, Brian. Today is a new day and we have a bright future ahead of us. The three of us."

A huge grin blossomed onto his face causing a smile of my own to grow upon my lips.

"I love you," he told me with such raw emotion in his voice.

"I love you too." I reached over the console of the car and brushed my lips against his cheek.

I slid back into my seat, gripping his hand tighter as I moved my attention towards the glass barrier between myself and outside. Silence soon filled the atmosphere aside from the background music of the radio. My eyes were glued to the window as I watched the beautiful California scenery pass by.

Sooner than I would have liked we arrived back at the mansion. The gates opened as we drove past them and up the long winding driveway. Brian parked the car beside Jimmy's gray Cobra before he turned off the engine.

Brian rushed out of the car and towards my side of the vehicle before I could get out. He held onto my arm as I stepped out and he helped me walk towards the house. A sense of deja vu filled my mind as the memory of Matt aiding me when I recovered from the accident.

I shook my head to erase the thoughts of Matt and those memories as I focused on the man by my side now. We walked up to the front door where Brian opened it and led me inside of the mansion.

Quietness met our ears as well as the sight of emptiness when we stepped further into the house. Not once have I heard the house this silent before and it was giving me the chills.

Brian wrapped his tattooed arm around my waist, his fingers gripping onto my hip as he brought our bodies closer together.

"You want to go to bed and relax?" His soft voice inquired.

"Yeah," I replied as we began walking up the stairs, "but only if you join me."

"Of course," he said, leaning down and gently kissing the exposed flesh of my neck.

A low moan slipped past my lips at the sensation of his thin lips against my warm skin. Brian's arm pulled my body to a stop, his lips escalating up towards mine. Our lips fused together as my upper limbs snaked around his neck and his hands slid down to my butt. He lifted me up with his firm hands clutching onto my bottom and my legs encircling his waist. My back met with the wall to hold some of my weight as Brian focused on ravishing my neck, leaving behind marks of his love bites.

"Brian," I squeaked out his name as he teeth nibbled on my sweet spot located below my right ear.

My hands clasped around his biceps, there hold tightening with his hot mouth traveling further down south towards my cleavage. Brian's fingers fumbled with the small white buttons of my blue plaid shirt as he attempted to remove my clothing.

"Stupid fucking shirt," he muttered under his breath causing me to giggle at his frustration.

"Let's go to the room," I whispered in his ear before I motioned for him to put me back on my feet.

Once he did, I grabbed onto his hand and turned to walk up the rest of the stairs. My body froze in place at the sight of Matt standing at the top of the stairs and staring at us with an emotionless gaze. Brian bumped into my backside due to the sudden stop of my movements.

"Trinity..." Brian began to say until his eyes landed upon our guest.

Brian's figure tensed as he maneuvered his body to stand in front of me and partially block my line of vision of Matt.

"Matt, I would appreciate it if you don't be around us too much. I don't want Trinity to be stressed out with baby," Brian told him as I watched Matt flinch at the word baby. "Soon, Trinity and I are going to leave and it would be best for us all to keep as little contact with each other as needed."

Matt nodded his head, keeping his gaze locked on me. "I just need to speak to Trinity," he said in a monotone voice, "alone."

Brian's hand squeezed tighter around mine quickly giving me the impression that he is dead set again the idea.

"It's okay Bri," I assured him before simply pecking his cheek.

I released his hand, leaving him standing on the stairs as I walked up the rest of the way up towards Matt. My footsteps followed in synch with Matt's as we made our way towards his bedroom down the hall. He stepped into the room with me behind him. I stood by the door not moving further into the room as it brought back many memories, most of which I would like to forget.

"Sit down," he said, patting the empty spot on the bed next to him.

I shook my head, "What do you want Matt?"

"You." he answered, "I always wanted you Trinity, but I fucked it all up for myself. All I thought was that I needed you and everything would fall into place and the world would be right again. I was wrong and I should have never raped you or placed a hand on you. Maybe if I didn't force you, you would have came around, but I needed you with every fiber of my being. I-It's just that I never felt like this about anyone before.

"I thought that I loved you, but now I see that I didn't. I am obsessed you Trinity. You don't see what you do to me but you make me crazy. It is an unhealthy obsession and even though I don't want to let you go I have to. I know it is the right thing to do even if it doesn't feel like it."

My heart was breaking as I listened to his words and watched the man before me break down the wall he has kept up for so long. This man has caused me so pain yet it still hurt me to watch him fall with no one to catch him.

My legs moved from there stance by the door and stepped towards the bed as I sat down beside him. I placed my hand on his shoulder and opened my mouth for a few words of comfort to him, but that action was short-lived as he shoved my hand off of him.

"I just want you to go Trinity. Go with Brian and be h-happy with him. The t-three of you," he said, choking up as his eyes glossed over.

"Matt-"

"Go!" He shouted, cutting me off.

I nodded my head even though he had turned his back to me and couldn't see my response. I stood up from my position on the mattress and hesitantly walked to the door. My hand gripped the doorknob as I turned my head to look back at the broken man.

"I'm sorry that it had to be this way Matt," I whispered into the solemn atmosphere of the room before exiting out into the hallway.

I walked down the hall to Brian's room where I could hear music pounding against the surrounding walls. I entered the room to see Brian laying down on his bed while staring up at the ceiling. His head snapped up as he started to get up from his position, but I shook my head to stop his actions. I crawled onto the bed as he laid back down. My body curled up to his side with Brian's arm wrapped around me and my head rested upon his chest.

"What did he want?" Brian asked into my ear, so I could hear him over the screeching metal music.

"Nothing."

My hearing was consumed with each beat of his heart as my ear was pressed up against his chest. My own heart fluttered as his warmth enveloped me in our embrace.

"If he didn't want anything, what did you two talk about?"

I lifted up my head and gazed down at the man who I loved and was having a child with. I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his in a quick kiss.

"He set me free."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to these lovely ladies for commenting.
XtremeFairy, MoMo_92, xMandiblesx, and Vegas!

Don't unsubscribe just yet. The epilogue is the final installment of this story.