I Don't Believe in Fairytales

Change of Heart

"Trinity, open the door," the Rev said from behind the closed door.

I got up from the bed walking to the door unlocking it before going back to the bed. The door opened and Rev walked in sitting down beside me. I buried my face back into the pillows as he laid down next to me.

"You shouldn't have been so hard on him," he said making my head snapped up glaring up at him.

"Why shouldn't I? First he puts cameras all over the house watching my every move then he hits me. I know I shouldn't have said the things I did but he needs to learn to stop using me like I'm nothing."

"I get it he took it too far but the things you said really hurt him even if you don't believe it. I know he comes off as a heartless man but deep down he does have a heart you just need to find it."

I didn't know whether or not I should believe a man like Shadows could have a heart after everything he has done to me. I shouldn't have said what I did because it is not in my nature to be so mean to others but I was sick and tired of him treating me so cruel. It is not in me to give up like I did I need to fight until the end and keep on living like Jase told me. I know I should not fight fire with fire because in the end you'll get burned and I did.

"Your right, thanks Rev," I said sighing.

"Don't call me Rev; my real name is Jimmy."

"Why do you guys have these nicknames like Rev, Shadows, Gates, Vengeance, Christ?" I questioned curiously.

"It's all part of the image we are Avenged Sevenfold the most cruelest gang in all of California," he explained as I nodded my head in understanding.

"Your not so cruel Jimmy and neither is Christ," I said smiling at him.

"Believe it or not neither was Shadows, Gates, or Vengeance, but this world changed them into what they are now."

I wondered what Shadows was like before this became a part of his life. I would rather have been bought by that Shadows then this one.

"Thanks Jimmy."

"No problem, well it was nice talking to you, but I have to go hunt down a gnome." I laughed as he grinned and waved at me before leaving the room.

I sat there on the bed thinking whether or not I should go and talk to Shadows. I decided to go find him because knowing him he is not going to do it letting his anger and stubbornness get the best of him. Getting up from the bed I walked out of the room and down the hall. I stepped downstairs making my way back to the room near the back of the house.

I thought better this time making sure I knocked instead of barging in so I wouldn't make him more angry. Hearing a faint come in I turned the door knob opening the door and stepping inside the office. Shadows had his back turned to me as he was standing behind his desk and staring out the window at the glowing afternoon sky. He turned his head looking back at me before looking back out the window. It was completely silent in the room and you could cut the tension with a knife.

"I'm sorry," he said shattering the silence.

"What?" I asked, shocked that he apologized and I wanted him to say it again.

"I'm sorry I never meant to hit you I just let my anger take over."

"It's okay, I'm sorry, I never should have said the things I did I took it too far," I said. He shook his head while turning around to face me.

"No you didn't I should not have done the things I did to you." He looked like he really meant it and regretted what he did to me.

"Why did you do it?" I questioned.

"I..I really don't know it's like I crave power and control. I know it's wrong what I did but I needed to have power over you and show everyone that you belong to me." I didn't know what to say or do but a little part of me did feel bad for him.

"I know you probably hate me but I just want you to give me another chance to start over so you can see who I really am."

I stood there not knowing if I should trust his words or not. If I do give him a chance how will I know he won't go back to the old Shadows and hurt me?

"I'll give you another chance Shadows because even though you really hurt me it is not in me to hold grudges it will only hurt us both we just need to forgive and forget," I said as he smiled showing off his adorable dimples.

"Thank you but call me Matt not Shadows."

"Okay Matt."

It felt weird calling him Matt instead of Shadows because he actually had a normal name. I just hope he stays like Matt instead of Shadows. I still didn't know if I should trust him, but I had a weird feeling inside of me towards him that I couldn't describe. I left his office once he told me he had a lot of work to do. Walking down the hall I made my way towards the kitchen. I was not looking where I was going when I slammed into someone almost falling backwards until they caught me before I fell. My eyes looked up to be caught in his chocolate brown gaze.

"I-I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going," I stuttered feeling the heat rust to my cheeks as I stood up straight and he let go of me.

"It's okay," he said.

I walked into the kitchen with Gates following closely behind. I went to the refrigerator opening it and looking inside to see nothing to eat.

"There is nothing to eat I think I am going to make us all dinner what do you think I should make?" I asked Gates who was also looking for something to eat.

"How about spaghetti?" he asked, shrugging his shoulders.

"Great, that's one of my specialties are you going to help me?" I questioned.

"Uh, sure but just warning you I suck at cooking," he said smiling.

We both laughed while I started taking out the ingredients to cook dinner. I started to prepare the meatballs as Gates took out the noodles while I told him to boil them. I made the ground beef into circular balls seasoning them as I set them to cook. I helped Gates who was boiling the noodles and sauce. I checked on the meatballs seeing that they were done as I felt something land on top of my head. I brought my hand up and grabbed a noodle off of my head. I turned around to see Gates trying to act normal stirring the noodles.

"You did not just do that?" I asked making him smirk.

"And what if I did?" He challenged.

"Well then I'm going to do this," I said, grabbing a meatball throwing it at him and watching as it hit him in the face.

"Oh no you didn't."

"Oh yes I did."

He grabbed a handful of noodles throwing it at me as I tried to move out of the way but not in time as it hit me in the chest. In a matter of seconds we were throwing food at each other as it landed on ourselves and all over the kitchen. I went to dodge out of the way as he threw sauce at me but I slipped on some noodles on the floor. I fell to the floor grabbing onto Gates and bringing him down with me as we both busted out laughing. My green orbs melted into his brown ones as his hand caressed my bruised cheek. His face leaned in towards mine as I did the same.

"What the hell is going on here?" a loud voice demanded.

We moved away from each other looking up to see Shadows standing in the kitchen doorway staring down at us.

"Uh we were just cooking dinner," I explained as Gates and I stood up from the floor.

"I can see that. Gates I need to speak with you," he stated more then asked.

Gates and Shadows left the kitchen leaving me behind to clean the mess.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you SamanthaVengeance, XxYouhadmeathelloxX, hotxlover, xo.Shadows Synner.xo, Zacky Vengeance;, Synful Shadows, fiction;, HelloThereSweetThang, JennyLynn2012, SodiumAcetateDrinker, XtremeFairy, Total Nightmare, decendingdrakness, xMandibles, and Star Angel all so very much for your wonderful comments.