Immortality Means Never Dying

The End.

A few weeks later...

I pulled away from the poor sap and licked my lips. His bottom lip quivered.

"Why?" he asked weakly.

"Because you looked delicious," I told him, smirking. His eyes closed and he stopped shaking. I shook my head, sighed, and threw him off of the bench. I looked at the towering buildings of Manhattan and frowned.

I wondered where Gerard and Ray were. They'd been gone for a few days, looking for that girl's..."clan". I guess they'd finally found them. Ray hasn't said a single word to me since he told me about her. He spends more time obsessing over her and killing random people to notice. He's almost gotten all of us discovered because of it. We've had to move around--Harlem, Lower East Side, South Bronx, even New Jersey--because of it. But now we're right back in Midtown Manhattan, where little boys from Hunter College don't understand the "don't talk to strangers" rule. I stared down at him and laughed helplessly.

And I thought about Gerard.

He apologized for and joked about wanting to kill me. But he was as obsessed with revenge as Ray was obsessed with that girl. We did it. We got it for him. We found his ex-friend, Shaun, and all the other vampire hunters. It was a massacre. It was a bloody feast...literally. It was awesome. Very...satisfying. But Shaun, Mikey's murderer and betrayer, was all Gerard's. Really. At that point, I still wasn't used to all the killing, so I didn't watch.

We found Mikey's body. A part of our little black hearts didn't want to let them go. But keeping dead bodies in an apartment was unrealistic and disturbing. Kind of like us.... Point being, we...disposed of...Stacy and Mikey. Mafia style. Right in the East River. Gerard didn't want to let go of Mikey's glasses that, much to our surprise, the vampire hunters had kept. But he had to. Just like Marie and I had to let go of Stacy's. But we kept them together. Dead bodies were always found in that goddamn body of water anyway.... "Demolition lovers" is what Gerard called them. Called us.

Speaking of lovers...

I wondered if Marie and Bob were as lucky tonight with finding poor vulnerable saps as I was. They spent more time with each other than with anyone else, but we were still the closest of friends. We could've been, and were at some point, closer. Bob and I rarely talked. I didn't mind. But then again, I kinda did. Marie was no longer Anne Marie. She was just Marie. She despised the name Anne.

We argued about her idiocy constantly.

And still on the subject of lovers...

"Why do you seem so sad?"

I smiled helplessly and looked up behind me.

"Because I am sad," I said honestly.

"Oh? Why? Because you killed a very pretty boy?"

I laughed helplessly and looked down at the body. He was pretty...

Frank came around the bench and held his hand out to me. I took it and he turned me around. I smiled and leaned against him as his arms wrapped around me from behind.

"I hate this," I told him.

"Hate what?"

"Living like this."

He kissed my neck and I smiled.

"Sometimes...sometimes I wish this hadn't happened," I said, ignoring the lulling feeling his kisses gave me. "Sometimes I wish I never met you. Sometimes I wish it would've just stayed three sad girls that couldn't die, wandering around aimlessly. Sometimes I wish I would've just stayed mortal and died slowly like Stacy. Or that you had let me die. Or, you know, let Gerard kill me..."

Frank laughed.

"Living like this is harder than anything," I said. Frank mmmed and kissed my neck.

"Frank, I'm serious," I told him. He pulled his lips away and held me tighter.

"Are you sure, Jane?" he spoke into my ear. "Because, you know...I fucking love you. And you claim to love me." I rolled my eyes. "Bob and I have shit to work out. What we did disgraces all of our kind. Falling in love..." I laughed helplessly. "But, you know.... Immortality means staying with me forever and ever."

I smirked. I took a few steps forward, forcing Frank along with me and away from the Hunter College T-shirt wearing corpse. Then, I turned around in his arms and kissed him passionately.

I got used to him biting me.

I pulled away, loving the feeling of being able to kiss him without it hurting. And, you know, knowing that we could do some other things, too...

"You're so wrong, Frank," I said, shaking my head condescendingly. "That is not what immortality means."

Frank cocked an eyebrow.

"Really?" he said. "What does it mean, then?"

I smiled, pressed my lips teasingly against his, and said,

"Immortality means never dying."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked! Thank you all for everything.

(Spin-off? idk...)

<3