Immortality Means Never Dying

Horror or Romance

So Frank got me a drink. And I admit it. I liked him. But there's nothing he can do for me. Well...there is something he could do for me...

Stop thinking like that!

So for a short while, the six of us hung out. Only us six because we hadn't seen Bob or Anne Marie since they went to 'dance'.

Knowing my Anne, and not knowing this Bob character, they did a little more than just dance.

But Stacy and I weren't worried. Not just because she literally couldn't get hurt. But also because we would know if she got hurt. It's hard to explain...you can call it psychic. But we just know.

As for Stacy and Mikey? We don't know why he was depressed, but he's not anymore. Truth is, the two of them are holding hands. Everything's moving too fast around here.

As for me and Frank? I'm the only one of my friends that has their head on straight. Although I've got to admit, it's tempting the way that boy looks at me...

So, anyway, as I was saying, the six of us had just hung out for a while. Drinking alcohol, talking about the city, playing lame games. There was something strange about these guys...I couldn't put my finger on it. For one thing, they avoided showing their teeth. Sounds weird, I know, but I'm not making this up. And Gerard. He seems to get angrier and angrier by the second.

"Horror or romance?" I asked. We'd been playing 'This or That' for a while. I know, I know. Not very mature, are we?

"Horror." Gerard said this in such a way that I feared he might attack me. He didn't even bother to look at me. He just looked at his drink. By now I'd guessed he was an alcoholic.

"Romance," Stacy said, biting her lip and staring at Mikey. Mikey smiled back.

"Romance," he whispered to her, bringing his face closer to hers. That's when I lost it. Not 'lost it' lost it, like...'asylum bound' lost it. Just 'embarrass myself' lost it.

"If you two kiss, I'll be forced to throw you in a cement mixer, Stace," I told her warningly. "And, for God's sake, don't say romance like that. All mushy. It's sickening."

Everyone had laughed. Except when I said 'God', it felt like the guys had been glaring at me.

"Horror," Ray said.

Frank grabbed my hand from where it had been on the table. He kissed the back of it.

"Romance," he whispered. I smiled back, flattered and getting used to his flirting. I leaned over the table, as he was on the other side of the booth, and smiled, bringing my face as close to his as possible without seeming like a hypocrite.

"Horror," I said. Then I felt something. It was weird. It was almost like...someone was in pain. I looked at Stacy. Mikey had his face terribly close to hers but she was looking at me, horrified.

Anne Marie.

Both of us immediately stood from our seats.

"Where you goin'?" Ray asked. Where were we going? We moved out of the booth and started to try to make our way through. Our feet were taking us to Anne, even though we weren't sure where. But before I got too far, someone grabbed hold of my hand.

"What is it?" Frank asked, looking concerned.

"We have to look for Marie," Stacy said, grabbing my other hand and pulling me away from Frank. Then Stacy stopped. Mikey had grabbed her arm this time.

"What do you mean?" he asked. There was a hungry look in his eyes that mirrored Frank's eyes the night before.

"I need to find my friend," Stacy said, pulling away from Mikey and running with me across the dance floor. I knew what she was thinking. Nothing painful ever happens to us. Not so painful that the feeling stays. And this feeling...this feeling stayed, alright.

It was scary and relieving, knowing that Anne might be dying. Because that's the point of our life: Trying to die. But only because we can't die. Sometimes we forget and we just want to take this to its fullest. If we were mortal, we sure as hell wouldn't go looking for death.

But we aren't mortal. So we do go looking for death.

But either way, we'd miss each other...you know? It's hard to explain.

Finally, Stacy and I found a door. I looked back and saw that Frank, Gerard, Ray and Mikey had followed us. They all had that hungry look now. Especially Gerard.

Stacy eagerly turned the knob. Our little group fell threw the door, standing in what looked like an alley. The door had lead us to an alley. Someone closed the door behind us, drowning the music out and incasing us in silence. There was one dim light on, making it terribly dark.

"Shit," Gerard said. I looked at him and followed his stare.

That's when I saw it. I felt two hands grab either of my arms, as if holding me where I stood. I knew it was Frank but I daren't look at him. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened. I couldn't sustain my normal breathing. I heard Stacy gasp.

Only one person dared to speak, and I wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing. It was Ray and what he said was in fact a question:

"Is she dead?"
♠ ♠ ♠
O.O
XD
I wrote this a long time ago and it's not my best work, it's really kind of bad, lol I just don't feel like editing but ANYWHO thank you for reading and subscribing, I love you, and if you read my other story, I love you that much more ^^