I Can Keep A Secret If You Can Keep Me Guessing

Hey, I'm Jack

"It's more than a little wine Alex, you can't--" My words were cut off as Alex collapsed, unconscious. He keeps doing this. Drinking until he passes out. He's been a mess since things ended with Lisa. I haven't seen him like this since his brother died a few years back. Sure, he was a lot younger then so he wasn't drinking as much, but he was still a wreck.
I lifted his sleeping body up and pulled him onto the couch.
"Please stop this Alex." I whispered into his ear. He looked so beautiful, even while asleep. For the longest time I had wanted nothing but for Alex and Lisa to break up, just like any jealous person would. Had I known that the break up would do this to Alex, makes me regret ever having those wishes. No matter how much I love him, and want him for myself, I would rather him be happy.
Alex was straight anyways, so I didn't really stand a chance, whether he's single or not. I wish I could tell him how I feel about him, but if I told him, it would ruin the friendship we've built up since the day we met.
(Flashback)
"Jack Barakat, do you think you could show our new student around the school?" My eighth grade teacher asked me, I told her yes, mainly as an excuse to be excluded from pre-algebra.
"Hey, I'm Jack." I told the boy. He had long brown hair, cut slightly above his shoulders, and deep brown eyes that I could get lost in if I stared into them too long. He has a big smile plastered on his face.
"Alex Gaskarth." He replied, shaking my hand. We got to know each other as I showed him the various places of our middle school.
I learned that he had previously attended a private school, but he was kicked out. He was born in England, but moved to Baltimore when he was only seven, which explained why no accent could be detected.
The more I learned about him, the more I liked him. He was different than a lot of guys I'm friends with. He has a great sense of humor, very similar to mine, and he even played guitar. We had a lot in common, and I had a feeling we would become good friends.
(End Flashback)
At that young age, I would have never thought that I would wind up falling in love with this boy, but the closer we got, the more I fell for him.
I've accepted that nothing will ever happen between us though. He was straight. We would only ever be best friends.
I covered him with a blanket, and returned to my bunk, ready to fall asleep, where Alex fails to invade my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second Chapter is up, sorry these first chapters aren't the greatest, but I'm trying to give a back story to Alex and Jack, and the story will get better, I promise. If you like it, don't just be a silent reader! Comment and tell me what you think. When people don't comment, I convince my self it sucks and forget to update, so comment!!! Also, you should subscribe, because I'm going to try to update frequently.