Status: Ha

WTF

Origin Story

Smell the burning roses! Zombies are as real as the screen in front of your face, all because of some idiot. Don’t look at me, it wasn't my fault. It’s obviously the people who made me who’s at fault. You don’t believe me? Maybe I should start my personal story first. I’m sure that’s the most reasonable thing to do after you just looked at me suspiciously.

Once upon a time-
No, wait. That’s a terrible way to start, especially if it’s going to be my origin story. Let me start over.

All the world’s evils started when I was still in my mom’s belly. My mother worked for some top-secret organization that I cannot name. I’m not supposed to reveal the name since I signed some paperwork. Moving on, that questionable institution works on mutating any sort of creatures into monsters to fight in wars. It’s a wonder why it wasn’t shut down years ago. Their slogan alone was a dead giveaway to what they were doing behind closed doors.

I don’t know why my mother agreed to get experimented on like an animal. She contained something special in her blood that was so rare only one in a million existed in the world. It’s kind of funny because she was chosen from out of seven other million people. She was impregnated so she could bear the a mean, lean, fighting machine, which is me. My father was selected from a long list of potential matchmakers. He was able to place himself on the top 5 males by having connections. My father works for that company at a high place. His connection to the cause brought him to the top spot and he was chosen.

A few months before she was planned to give birth to me, something went wrong. I started to eat her insides. They had no choice but have surgery, so she could be saved. Apparently, I was a monster even before birth. The only thing that disproves my point is a picture I own. It’s of me when I was born, right after I was literally eating out my mom.

Some years back, I learned from a guard something I deny but also slightly believe. He said I bit the doctor who pulled me out into this world. Even without teeth, I made him bleed and he was tested on to see if the bite did anything to him. The guard basically said that I had passed whatever test that they were doing on my mom. I had passed it only because I survived. I failed at anything else they tested me on, though I disagree. I pass for having a bottomless pit of a stomach and learning things without being taught. Yes, I learned without a single teacher.

I would see my mom when I had the chance. I spent most of my time with the lab guys. The scientists would constantly poke needles inside me and then put me in a cage like an animal for more testing. It was an unpleasant experience of puking everything they fed me and biting people. I would cope by visiting my mom from time to time. She would comfort me, and she never once hurt me. After they told me my mom died, I didn’t know what to feel. I started to act feral, biting anything that came near my mouth. The taste of people was delicious, but it felt disgusting. I was ashamed of myself when the normal workers would call me derogative names. They gave me different names, some related to how much I could eat and others to how I would speak.

It was obvious that I had to leave. If I didn't, I would be spending the rest of my life in this damn place. I would be wasting away my sad life, filled with other monsters that had less humane thoughts than me. I’m better than them in many ways. They only survive on meat, unlike me. I can adapt and eat whatever that is edible. My ‘brethren’ could only give simple cognitive answers while I was able to make full conversations with the lab guys. I know that they wouldn’t live through what I was planning. I can and will survive through the whole process, without any human’s help.

Running away was easy. I just walked out after I ‘played a little’ with a computer. It accidentally broke in my hands and then the building had powered down. The security was blind and with my sharp nose and great hearing, I knew where to walk through.

I stole some of their guns, whatever I could carry. I broke into a company owned vehicle and drove until I found a neighboring town. It didn’t take long for the town to be raided my dead people. Every time I passed a zombie, I felt like I wanted to bite their heads off. I kept running them over to get rid of the urge.

I settled at a museum that was being renovated. It looked abandoned and I know that panicked people wouldn’t think of taking shelter at a closed off place. I found the poor, dead security guard that was guarding the place. They were the only one I found at the site. I was stupidly lucky to have a stocked mini fridge in the staff’s lounge, but I haven’t touched any of the food. That is how I am living my life so far, with hot pockets and tortillas. Now it’s time for the zombie cause part.

It was the organization that accidentally broke a computer, not me. I’ll deny it no matter what. Who saves a virus activation code on a computer anyways? People who want to watch the world burn, that’s who.

When it escaped into the outside, it caused some chaos and a lot of blood and gore. Sometime when most of the population dwindled, I got lost. I didn’t know what to do after gaining my freedom. Most of my goals became unattainable. I stayed at the museum because I had nothing else to do. That’s all you need to know, for now. I’m not exactly an open book, but this is a digital copy, so who cares?
♠ ♠ ♠
The story's being edited so some things might not make sense. I wrote this like 6 years ago