Status: Ha

WTF

Good Bye

The humans were frightened that Untoten is bitten. He has new bites over his old ones, they look really ugly. No one know why he hasn't died yet. This is the reason why I chose to take him with us. What can happen on a journey to kill five (very important) people that has caused the end of humanity? Maybe I shouldn't speak to soon. Look what happened to my companions. They are humans. The self centered creatures that only cared about land of the beautiful world we live upon. Humans say they are trying to save the world, but they are only trying to save humanity. If the humans die the earth won’t die as well. We have animals that mutants like me can depend on.

The bus was big enough to make more space for the dog and Untoten. I was disappointed. I didn't want to bring the filthy dog. Dogs only lead to cleaning and problems with him growling at Untoten. The small problem of the bus was of whom will take turns driving it. Sean said he will do the first turn. Martha takes the next. I asked if Gracie could drive. All of them said no, except for Untoten who said it is a great idea. Thom was the last to drive. Brad couldn't drive. His job was to take care of Untoten and the dog. He got the easy job. If Untoten whines, he needs to urinate. If he groans he is going to do something. If the dog growls it means something is coming. My job is to sit on top of the bus, chopping heads off. It was dangerous: I could fall off and bend my un-crooked neck into a crooked neck.

I soon got bored after the first twenty minutes. I was lying on top of the bus, face down, drooling on the roof of the bus when it halted to a stop. I fell to the ground on top of my face in between a herd of zombies and the bus. My face hurt, but the first thing I did was look up to rotting faces. The second thing I did was crawl under the bus. Rotten hands tried to reach under the bus. There was some already behind the bus ready to take a bite out of me. They were surrounding me and I had to come up with something. I needed a gun, not a baseball bat I found on the streets. Luckily there is a small door under the bus. I make a mental note in my head to remind myself to take the door off, for a new secret opening for me. I knocked at the small door. The door opens revealing light from inside it. I wave at the faces appearing in front of the light. They back up to give me some space so I can squeeze inside.

Inside, Thom hands me a tank of gas. I sigh. I think I've seen this scene in a movie. I guess the humans had too. They should have been smart enough to know that reality is a little different than movies. There was another door on the top. I opened it, hugged the tank, and jumped out. I tossed the tank in front of the bus, I made sure to not throw it close enough to damage the bus. One smart zombie picked the tank up wondering what it was. Inside the bus, Martha hands me an AK. Before the smart zombie could do anything with the tank I shot at it. I fell back into the bus because of the explosion’s wave.
I also remembered something about the movie. In the end, they die. It doesn't show them dead, but I knew. They couldn't have survived from a mass that big. I ignored the feeling that we could have the same ending as the ones in the movie.
***

The rest of the small town was empty. Untoten is staring to look sick, I mean worse than he was before. The humans say we should rest. Sean stops at a lonely drug store. I search the area for some rotting flesh that slowly moves. I don’t see any and yell ‘clear’ to the bus. The humans step out of the bus one by one. Inside the drug store there is two zombies. I use the bats to bash their heads in. Martha comes inside. She sees me chewing on a piece of a zombie’s brain. She turns to look away and asks as if everything was normal, “Are there any diapers for Gracie?”

I check on the diapers section where I grab two boxes of them, which is how many I think she'll need. The drug store was ransacked. Most of the junk food and sodas were spilled on the floor. I move toward the manager’s room. There was nothing important inside. I head to Martha. She takes the diapers without a word. Untoten was carried inside by Sean and Brad. They dropped him on the floor. Untoten yelped. Emma sat beside him. Martha said, “He won’t last long. He's changing into one of them.”

Sean said, “Let’s end his suffering already.”

I told him no. Untoten is one of those people from movies that always die at the beginning. He would certainly turn out okay just like the last time. The only way to decide what to do to him is to vote. There is a thing called a democracy. They say it's better than me deciding our paths. I had agreed to the voting because it sounded fun at first, but now I'm too prideful to say that I changed my mind.

I was quickly outvoted: the humans decided to leave Untoten. We all agreed to stay here for half an hour to say good bye and get the things we need. The first thing I did is bring beer to Untoten. He instantly woke up when I popped a bottle open. He sat up carefully and drank it with one gulp. He drank the second bottle peacefully without me. I walked over to the Beast. He was sniffing the dog food stuffed in the cans. I squeezed a can. The wet dog food spilled on the floor. The Beast licked the dog food from the floor. He looked at my hand, wanting to lick it. I licked a piece of dog food off my hand, wanting to tease him. I then wiped my hand with a napkin because the dog food didn't taste the way I thought it would.

I know we have to leave Untoten here. It is the only thing we can do other than shooting his brains out. I know he'll survive it, I thing. I mean, he's been through worse shit. All the humans said fare well and whatever. I knew they didn't care of leaving him. I was the last to say good bye. He grabbed my hand and told me to get him another beer. I handed a can of beer to him. The humans were outside waiting for me. I closed the drug store behind me and jumped on top of the bus, waiting for the bus to move forward.