Status: Ha

WTF

Earthquake!

The portable splits in two, leaving us hanging on a ledge, Martha grabbing my hand and me holding on the ledge. I throw Martha across me and she lands safely at the entrance. I climb to the not cracked but slanted side. Fred is shivering at a corner, too frightened to bark at the dark hole. From outside, the loud sirens are booming, “Earthquake! The walls are destroyed. They are coming inside!”

The zombies are entering this territory, I can smell it. I hide the group in a steel room right outside the split portable. The steel room was to prevent zombies from getting inside in case of an attack. I don't think the others expected natural attacks were to be included.

Though my guns and the baseball bat are taken away from me, among other things I can still fight. Not as easy as before, I can’t fight dirty anymore, it's one of the new rules. I cleanly kill every zombie that gets near the steeled room. The room can handle a few dozen of zombies but not hundreds. I don’t worry about the other humans. Even if they survive I wouldn't care. They're not my problem. I’m only saving the humans I made a deal with(and Fred), including my father.

When I send Martha to the steel room, Sean is waiting with the others. He said they will be fine for a while. I now have time to find dad. Dad’s building survived through the earthquake. It is only slanting to the left. The zombies are ignoring it for some reason I don’t know of. The entrance is locked, not with the cheap ones either. The kind I have trouble breaking. For some weird reason the coded ones are the most difficult for me. I'm not considered one of the smartest little monsters, if you know what I mean.

The locked door finally opens. At the entrance there are two men holding down the metal door. I think they are guarding the doorway. They lead me to the silent elevator that is only used for emergencies. I press the ‘Q’ button inside. I wait to hear a ding from the elevator music. The buttons light up on each floor level. The light finally lands on the Qand the elevator door slides open.

I find a man and a woman with heavily armed weapons in their hands. They let me through. I knock on the door. It opens from the inside. There are all the humans, including Untoten, Stormie, and dad in the room. I don’t wait for them to greet me to enter.

So we wait. We wait in here for the zombies to leave. It's when I find out that I don’t like waiting.