Status: Ha

WTF

Sibling

The row of humans take a break(Yeah! Another one). Sean and Kit finally notice me standing behind them until I yawn. It was getting boring. I saw the dead-dead zombies getting replaced by new live-dead zombies. Sean said, "Look who's finally woken up, eh, sleeping beauty?'

I glare at him. I've been more sleepy lately. First at the store and later at a lecture from one of my teachers. And now when I'm walking? Something is wrong with me. Maybe the group already knows. "How long was I asleep?" I ask them.

Kit answers, "Three days."

It wasn't as long as the last time: two and a half weeks. I don't like sleeping. I don't dream like most people do and many things can go wrong in three days. I say, "And everyone?"

They don't reply, only for a second.
"Sean died", Ten said.

"I know that. Did anyone else die?"

I shouldn't care. It was my fault, I grew too attached to the company. The monster inside me, the one who made me almost kill my mom, the one who made me try to eat humans. That monster inside me is telling me right now, 'Humans are everywhere. You can easily pluck a human off of our father's hands. It is not like we can't have anything we want.'

But I do care. I care about the humans. I risked my life to help them survive the zombie apocalypse.
Ten said, "No one else died." I felt suddenly relieved.

He continued. "The cage didn't support all the weight. We had to run and Sean purposely got caught so we could escape. Lucky for us the other zombies noticed him and ignored us."

I asked them, "Anything else I should know about?"

Kit nodded, "Yeah, your sister is here."

"She is?"

"She arrived here yesterday."

A whistle was blown. Ten said, "We go to go back to training. See you later."

I waved them a good bye. Everybody line themselves in rows, shooting new zombies that brought here a while ago. I can finally think once I'm out of the room. The instinct to tear every single dead body in the room's limbs was salivating my mouth. I could have almost killed them. The last time I ate was three days ago, yet there are other things that are more important.

I don't have a sister. It has been 17 years since I was born. She can be younger or older than me. What I do know is that standing here won't help find some answers.