Status: Ha

WTF

Cynophobia

I pack up most of the weapons that appear useful while the humans prepare one of the museum's buses as a killing machine. There were 2 handguns that were in my liking. I decided they had to be mine. No... I decide all the weapons had to be mine. Only Sean knows how to use a gun and I'm sure I'm not handing him a gun that will be pointed at my head. The humans would leave with Sean as their leader if I had never warned them in the first place.

Speaking of threats...

Emma was outside one night. It was her turn to look out for anything suspicious. She wouldn't say yes at first. Gracie was to stay inside because of the putrid air from outside. Emma wouldn't leave Gracie alone. Martha suggested she would take care of Gracie while Emma keeps watch. Emma finally said it was fine.

Emma came back an hour later. I was calmly polishing one of my Smiths at a table and the movie was the Rugrats. We were sitting at the rec room when Emma walked inside with the most hideous monster ever. I hopped on to the closest table. The table could not support my weight and it collapsed with me on top of the mess. Gracie was asleep, and now awake, started crying. I was almost going to cry too, but I didn't get the chance. The monster sprung at me. It then was on my lap. It started to lash at me with its long tail. The beast used its deadly tongue to lick my face. Sean laughed at me. I screamed out of fear. The monster stopped licking me. I tried to run away from its wrath. The monster cornered me. I sat down and started crying. "Get that thing away from me," I
aid with disgust.

Emma said, "Sit." The monster sat.

I felt my legs shake as I stood up. I wiped tears off my face with my hand. I left the room, completely humiliated.

A few minutes later, an unexpected person came to my room. I was polishing my chains that read subject 14. They were my identification, the biggest difference that people thought was important.

"What do you want?" I demanded.

I was tired and my pride tarnished. God, even thinking of the word tarnish felt embarrassing.
He said, "Emma found the dog wandering outside. I know how badly she wants to keep him. So we were wondering if..."

He stopped talking. The answer was shown on my face. I absolutely feared dogs. I can't tell what dogs think. Those creatures are so mysterious and are almost impossible to read. The last time I saw a dog I couldn't tell if he wanted to play catch with me or bite my head off. Everybody has something to be scared of. I am terrified of dogs.

I know, I know. It’s a little funny for me too, especially when I’m obviously more dangerous than any dog.

Brad sat next to me on the couch. He asked what I was holding. I told him what it was- what it meant.

He nodded. We stayed quiet at moment. He then said, "I had a sister. She was seven when she disappeared. She didn't like dogs either. She was always scared of dogs. But she wasn't a bad dog. She once saved my sister's life. My sister used to stick to that dog back then."

I stared at him. I never thought dogs were uncaring creatures without feelings or emotions. That dog must have loved Brad's sister. Maybe I can give dogs a chance. If dogs like useless humans that already destroyed our Earth, then they can like a useless monster: me.

I also didn't know that this guy was actually a talker. We hardly knew each other and here he came to tell me some personal stuff. He also talked in an odd way that was hard understand. The short sentences he had told were cut off and broken down into simpler phrases. He must have never went to school, like me.

"What was your sister's name?" I asked Brad, trying to sound interested.

He smiled at me sadly. "Her name was Stormie."

For a while, we sat quietly in my room. I broke it off with a statement. "Humans aren't that useless."
"I know," is all he said.

Maybe he would tell the others that I may have a human heart. I think that would never happen, but I don’t want them to get depressed. A healthy human, is an almost useful human.