Status: Active

It Should've Been Me Instead Of Him

"Let me take you home."

Julie.

I took a deep breath, I just arrived at John F. Kennedy International Airport. A smile had never gone from my lips. My eyes wandered around. I still couldn't believe that I would stay in this beautiful city in years or maybe I would never come back to London. I bought a can of drink before taking a seat on a bench. I was waiting for my dearest cousin, he promised to pick me up once he knew I would've move into New York. I'd be staying with him too. I missed him though.

Suddenly someone patted my shoulder. I reflexively turned my face back and my eyes caught a stranger with the same color of his hair and eyes, dark brown. His age was about 20 but 25 below. Similar to my cousin, Alex. I got up from my seat, confusedly looking at him. And I shocked when I saw him chuckling a sudden.

"You must be Julie, right?" He asked with a grin on his face and I just nodded my head.

"How do you know?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "I haven't even seen you yet before."

“Oh my god.” He covered his face with both of his hands, it seemed like he felt something wrong. "Yeah, yeah you're right. I knew you from Alex of course." He held out his hand. "Just call me Halvo, okay?"

“Julie.” I shook my hand with his dan he helped me bring my suitcase before going to the parking lots with him. "Well, where's Alex?"

“Oh he can't pick you up today.” Halvo laughed as he put my suitcase into the luggage. “He has to pick her girlfriend up.”

“So I'm not even important if I'm compared with her?” I whined, Halvo started the engine and drove.

“Not like that, please don't be a negative thinker.” He replied briefly. “Just so you know, Celine just went home from hospital yesterday and she insisted to meet you today even though Alex has already forbidden her.”

It was needed about 45 minutes to get to Alex's, so Halvo and I spend the time with having a chat when we were on the car. We told about each other before eventually arrived around 7 pm. Apparently there had been a guy and two girls welcomed my arrival. Of course the guy was Alex. The only thing I always remembered which didn't change from Alex was his thick eyebrows, of course. Whilst the other two girls was Celine and Belle. Celine was Alex's girlfriend while Belle was Halvo's, the both of them were beautiful though.

The night reception for my arrival was fun enough though we were only five. We ate Alex's delicious cuisine for dinner and many things were talked while we were in the dining table. Started with how delicious Alex's cuisine was because our family was indeed good at cooking, how I could survive in New York University because of so many rivals there, until eventually we talked about me. Alex said I'd find my mate in New York. I could just laughed in response and punched Alex's arm lightly. I went to bed where my bedroom was still mess up, while the other got home.

*****


Suddenly I felt something wet and cold around my cheeks before I open my eyes and found out there was Alex with his grin. Apparently he tried to wake me up with watering my face with cold water. I glared at him before he spoke up. “Take some showers and make yourself up, then have breakfast with us. My friends are waiting downstairs.”

After he got out of my bedroom already, I rushed to take a shower and pulled on a pair of shorts and a top. After looked at the mirror for a moment and been sure that I was okay without makeup, I immediately went downstairs. I didn't want Alex's friends waiting for me too long because it was 8 am already, time to breakfast.

“Guys, it's my cousin Julie.” That sentence came out of Alex's mouth as I stepped into the dining room. There my eyes found 4 guys including Alex and Halvo, while the other were strangers for me. “They're my best friends, Julie.”

I could just smile at them before taking a seat beside one of Alex's friends. He had great muscles, probably because of frequent exercise. Right in front of me, there sat a tall lanky guy with a smug look on his face. He had never looked away from his lap or looked at me or spoken a single word either. I got curious about him but tried not to pay more attention to him.

“Hey Julie, I'm Zachary.” A voice of a guy beside me snapped me of my thoughts. I could just smiled friendly at him, didn't even know what I should do before eventually shook his hand. “But call me Zack. And they're Halvo and John.”

“Hi John.” I greeted, smiling at John's direction. “And.. Hi Halvo, I actually knew him already.” I added and chuckled. John didn't say any word again, besides waved and me and showed a flat smile.

“How could you know Halvo?” Zack asked in curiosity.

“Of course she knows me, silly.” Halvo rolled his eyes. “Did you forget? I had to pick her up yesterday as Alex had to pick Celine up.”

“Hey stop your conversation, now just help me serve our breakfast.” Alex mumbled from the kitchen dan we all laughed at him before helping him serve our breakfast. Of course we all laughed except for John. That thing made me really got curious.

All we did at the dining table wasn't just have our breakfast but we talked and giggled together too. Alex's friends were friendly and I like it though. Except for John. He really was cool with his quietness but he didn't look like a friendly guy.

*****


I made my bed. My new bedroom was still messed up. It looked like a warehouse when I just arrived yesterday moreover I hadn't made it yet this morning. Suddenly two light knocks landed on the door of my bedroom.

"Who's there? Come on in." I turned around to the direction of the door and my eyes found Zack there.

He smiled at me. "We're gonna go to a club to play pool. Are you going?"

I shook my head immediately. "I don't think so. I think I'll be alright watching some on TV." I smirked.

"Come on baby, just join us." Alex appeared behind Zack before finally grabbed my wrist.

First we had to pick Celine and Belle up before eventually drove to the club. I wasn’t an expert of playing pool, actually I couldn’t even play it. So I just sat on a bench against the wall, watching they played. I saw they seemed happy with their laughs and smiles, except for John. I didn’t know what happened to him. Once again, he seemed different with the others. He played pool with his no-expression face.

“Come and join us, Jul!” Zack shouted and smiled at me.

“I can’t..” I smirked as Belle approached me.

“Let me accompany you.” Belle said friendly and sat next to me.

“Thank you.”

“Do you stare at John?” Belle asked as she grinned and noticed me.

“Umm.. Of course, no.” I assured as I smiled.

“Really? You’re blushing, you know?.” Belle teased me as she giggled.

We stayed at the club till 11 PM. I felt so sleepy and really wanted to go home but they were still playing, I didn’t want to bother them so I fell asleep on the bench against the wall. Someone patted my shoulder and I forced my eyes to open.

“Are you sleepy? You should go home.” Celine whispered me, and then whispered Alex something, making him change his facial expression before heading to me.

“I think you have to go home, you’re too tired.” Alex gave me a peck on my head, “Zack! Can you take Julie home?” Alex shouted and Zack nodded.

“No, I don’t wanna go home. I’ll wait you guys playing until morning. I won’t bother you.” I said cheerfully as I winked at Alex and Zack.

“Let me take you home, I wanna go home too.” Suddenly John said as he walked toward me before grabbing my wrist.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy the first chapter!
Keep reading/subscribing/commenting! :)