Status: Active

It Should've Been Me Instead Of Him

"Be my girlfriend, Julie."

Julie.

Zack hopped out of the car and opened the car door for me after he had parked his car in the driveway. He led me entering a tower and I got confused when he told me that we had to use the elevator. I questioned him where we would go but he just grinned and told that I just had to see later. He made me got curious.

We stepped out the elevator when we arrived at the highest floor of the tower. Apparently there was a steak restaurant and Zack offered a chair for me when we got a table at the corner of the restaurant. We ordered our meals to the waiter and then we were just quiet each other till Zack started our conversation.

"It's the first time we have our dinner alone." Zack stated quietly as I just nodded and he started chuckling a sudden. "I hope you're not on a diet."

"Of course I'm not. Even I was happy when I knew you took me to a restaurant." I grinned as I caressed my stomach and whispered him. "I'm so starving."

"Whoa, whoa.. Didn't John let you eat a whole day?" Zack joked as he giggled and the waiter came with our orders.

I frowned and pouted at Zack. "John not that cruel, Zack."

"Oh sorry I'm just kidding, Jul." Zack showed a regret look as he squeezed my hand. "You're not mad at me, are you?"

I smiled slightly at Zack and squeezed his hand which was holding my hand, with my other hand. "I am not. Don't take it serious, Zack. Just have our dinner. I'm starving."

After had our dinner, I leaned against the wall and enjoyed the beautiful view of New York City with all the lights at night, outside the restaurant while Zack was paying the bill. Suddenly Zack approached me and placed a hand around my waist, while his other hand was holding my hand.

"New York is so beautiful at night!" I shouted cheerfully as I turned to face him.

"Yeah, like you." Zack whispered softly onto my ear as he chuckled. "But you're always beautiful all the time."

"No, I am not." I said shyly as I shook my head and looked at the ground, avoiding Zack's gaze and starting to blush.

"Yes, you are." Zack said eagerly as I turned at him. "Be my girlfriend, Julie." Zack said as he knelt down and gave a peck on my hand. "I love you."

*****


Zack took me home and we arrived around 11.30pm. When we arrived at home, John was still watching TV and turned his face when he heard the door opened, of course he could see me and Zack clearly. Zack and I were soaking wet because it rained outside and Zack didn't parked his car in my driveway but across the street and it was far enough from my house and we trapped in the rain when we walked toward the house.

"Just make a quick visit." I said as I brought Zack's hand to get into the living room. "You'll be sick if you're soaking wet for long time. John will lend you a t-shirt and I'll make a cup of hot drink for you."

"No need to, it'll be a hassle for you and John." Zack refused as he put his hand on my face and looked into my eyes. "I'll go home cause it's almost midnight and you need to sleep now."

"But I'm afraid you'll be sick if you-"

"Shh.." Zack interrupted, pressing his pointed finger on my lips. "I'll be okay, now I'll go home and you must sleep earlier, promise?"

I shook my head as suddenly John had stood up behind me and scratched the back of his neck. "What happened with you guys?" John frowned as he realized that Zack and I were soaking wet.

I turned at John with a hand holding his hand, while my other hand kept holding Zack's. "Zack parked his car across our driveway so-" I furrowed my eyebrows together as John just nodded his head. "Would you mind if I ask you to lend your t-shirt to Zack? And maybe he'll stay here tonight."

Zack just grinned and shook his head, showing that he really refused the offers when John looked at him. But then John cracked a little smile after looking at my pitiful face. "Of course, it doesn't matter. But I'm not sure-" John paused and frowned as three of us stepped into the lounge area.

I noticed John's expressions and practically understood what he meant when my eyes shifted from John to Zack. I tried not to chuckle when I realized the striking difference between John and Zack's torso. "Well then, could you just take Alex's? I'm going to make some hot drinks for us." I smirked and John just nodded, leaving me and Zack to reach Alex's room.

After the conversation between three of us, I took an initiative to make three cups of hot chocolate while John took the t-shirt for Zack from Alex's closet and Zack took a quick shower to make himself up. I was serving our drinks on the dining table when John came after giving the t-shirt up to Zack whom was still in the bathroom. He leaned against the wall, watching me before eventually he made steps closer toward me and cracked a smile. He seemed like he wanted to say something to me but then Zack appeared from the bathroom and John made a disappointed look.

"Well, you're cool with that t-shirt." I smiled as Zack dried his hair with the towel and mouthed a 'thank you' while John took a seat next to me.

"Yeah, it's better than mine." John added and I started chuckling when I saw the striking difference between them again.

Zack was just quiet for awhile then he sipped his hot chocolate. "I think I have to go home now."

"It's almost midnight, Zack. You-"

"Maybe he feels uncomfortable here." John cut my words before I frowned and glanced at him, he seemed like hiding a smile.

"It's not like that, John." Zack tried not to offend me and squeezed my hand gently. "I just-"

"It's fair enough, Zack." I mumbled. "Just wait me in the living room. I'm gonna take an umbrella before walking you."

Zack just nodded his head slowly before leaving me and John alone in the dining room. Without wasting time, I immediately took an umbrella behind the fridge and I could see John watching me from the corner of my eye. I could see him walking toward me and suddenly his warm large hand grabbed my small wrist.

I looked at him in confusion as he just stared at me and squeezed my hand before speaking. "Can I talk to you just for minutes?"

"Sorry but you know, Zack's waiting." I bit my bottom lip as he just nodded.

A disappointed look appeared on his gorgeous face as he cracked a weak smile before letting go of my wrist. "Okay."

I smiled back at John and jogged toward the living room to meet Zack and I heard John's footsteps following behind me. I handed Zack the umbrella and he opened it before placing a hand around my shoulders. We turned at John before stepping out, Zack said good bye while I just smiled at him.

Before getting into the car, Zack handed me the umbrella and gave me a massive-warm hug. "I love you so much, Julie Carl Steward."

"I love you too, Zachary Steven Merrick." A smiled cracked on my lips as he cupped my face with his hands and his lips gently pressed on mine. Between our kisses, I could see John leaning on the door frame. He looked over me and Zack before finally disappearing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for an update. I'm in exams so nothing could help me making an update. I promise the next chapter soon!!
Hope you enjoy and don't mad at me please :)