Status: It's back :)

My Baby

Troubles

One month later

"Emma, Emma, Emma!" I heard from behind me. I rolled my eyes. I could already tell who it was by the annoying voice and extreme, unnecessary bubbliness. "I need your help," Melody said.

It was ironic. Her name. She was the most sincere person you would ever meet, very kind at heart. But when I think of the word 'Melody', I think of a song. A sweet tune, but a song that is very repetitive, one that repeats itself over and over until you can't stand it anymore.

That's the way I viewed Melody. At first she was a sweet person, but too much of her became overbearing.

"What do you need my help with?" I huffed, I was exhausted. Pregnancy was an exhausting thing.

"Ugh," she flung her hands up. "I don't really want to talk about it." Really? Did she really not want to talk about it?

"Come on, tell me," I said with fake enthusiasm. I wasn't a person to be mean to someone.

"Okay, it's this guy," she said. Oh great, here we go. "See, he says he doesn't like me but when we're just hanging out with his friends and stuff he always tries to hit on me and stuff!"

"Oh my, that sounds like a dilemma." I tried not to sound too sarcastic, I couldn't help letting it out a little bit though. "I think you should just ignore him."

"I can't ignore him!" she whined.

"Why not," I said, more as a statement than a question, I honestly didn't want to hear the answer. I set my back pack down on the lunch table. My ankles and feet were starting to swell and hurt so I needed to sit down more often. I found myself wearing Crocs almost every day. They were probably the ugliest shoes I could think of (exaggeration), but I couldn't get enough of them. They were big enough for my unsightly feet to fit into and they had great support. I sounded like I was fifty.

"Because I like him." She smiled.

"Then ask him out," I said matter-of-factly.

"I can't do that either!"

"Um, Melody. I don't think I can help you with this. I'm kind of on the verge of throwing up slash throwing myself off a building and I don't know what other advice I could give you."

"Oh." She looked away, then back at me. "Okay, I'll just figure it out! I had no idea you were having troubles." She rubbed my arm and then walked away. I laughed out loud. She couldn't believe I was having troubles? Well then, I guess being pregnant at sixteen wasn't a problem at all.