Status: It's back :)

My Baby

An Old Friend

I looked for the bus. It was raining out and the bus was taking forever to pick us up from the school.

"Hey man, want a ride?" Kyle, A friend of mine, pulled up to the curb where the bus was supposed to be ten minutes ago.

"Sure," I said and opened the backseat door, there was a guy in the front I hardly knew. "Thanks, man."

"Yeah, no problem." He stepped on the gas and we sped off down the road. I knew Kyle was into some pretty messed up stuff but I really didn't care; it was cold outside and I was soaked. He was just going to take me home anyways.

"We're gonna stop by someone's house real quick, 'kay?" He said over his shoulder.

"Yeah, whatever," I said.

He drove for awhile and eventually we pulled up to a broken down, piece of shit old trailer.

"Where are we?" I peered out into the rain, it was still coming down hard.

"Ah, just a friend." He hopped out of the car and so did the other guy in the front. I didn't know if I was supposed to follow so I just stayed in the car.

A few minutes later they came out with a back pack and threw it in the back seat. I could smell something funky coming out of the bag, smelling a little bit like gas. I knew it was a drug, I just didn't know what kind. I didn't even want to know.

"Got money, Gage?" He said to me and laughed.

"Nah man." I laughed back nervously. There was no way I was paying for whatever the shit was in that bag. I was scared we were going to get pulled over by the police. I was such a pansy when it came to these things, but I didn't get mixed up in the stuff Kyle did. He was a cool person to hang out with, but you just didn't go with him on these kinds of trips. I regretted getting into the car.

"You sure?" He eyed me in the rear view mirror, a bit more serious this time.

"Uh, yeah," I said, hesitantly. "Only, like, three dollars."

"Huh," he huffed and turned back to driving. I sensed he was a little mad. Or disappointed. I hoped it was disappointed, I didn't need this guy mad at me.

He drove me straight to my house. I was uneasy that he knew where I lived but it wasn't a big deal, he had been over to my house, like, once in the 6th grade for my birthday party. Back when he wasn't a freakin' drug dealer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Stop being silent readers :]