‹ Prequel: Nightmare
Status: RIP

I'm Not Insane

With the experiences at the Los Angeles Mental Health Center behind him, Matt is ready to forget the past and move forward in life - hopefully with his old roommate (and new housemate), Brian.

Matt's old life catches up quickly, though, and having been a part of a demanding - and often homophobic - career, a whole new set of problems is about to become apparent. A relationship that never really began is difficult to keep alive when separated by thousands of miles.

Is it possible to lose someone you're never really sure you had?

I feel insane every single time I'm asked to compromise
‘Cause I'm afraid and stuck in my ways and that’s the way it stays
So how long did I expect love to outweigh ignorance?
By that look on your face I may have forced the scale to tip

Shame pulses through my heart from the things I've done to you
It's hard to face but the fact remains that this is nothing new
I left you bound and tied with suicidal memories
Selfish beneath the skin but deep inside I'm not insane

Now that I've lost you it kills me to say
I've tried to hold on as you've slowly slipped away
I'm losing the fight, I've treated you so wrong now let me make it right

I'm not insane, I’m not... not insane

Come back again it's almost easy


***


This here be the sequel to Nightmare, a story that wasn't supposed to have a sequel. But it's here now, and I hope you enjoy it! (If you haven't read Nightmare, I'd highly recommend you do that first.)

Disclaimer: I do not own Avenged Sevenfold or any of its members. The story title, as well as chapter titles, belong to them as well.

Credit for thinking up the title must go to victim. :)

Banner One by synthian.
Banner Two by Deathbat Princess

And guys, I want no shit for suggesting people in the military are homophobic, terrible individuals, etc etc. I respect the men and women fighting for freedom very much, and it is only creative license.

Image Image Image Image
  1. Prologue - Critical Acclaim
    Lies inside your head: Your best friend. Heart bleeds but not for fellow man.
  2. Almost Easy
    So how long did I expect love to outweigh ignorance? By that look on your face I may have forced the scale to tip.