Status: New. :3

Girl I Know

There's No Telling Just Where She's Been

♥Emily’s POV♥

Seeing Josh again just took awkward to a whole new level. I loved Zacky, but there would always be a part of me that solely wanted Josh. His eyes reflected hurt when I looked up at the perfect crystal blue spheres and I managed to slip away from everyone while Ashley was talking to Ian (or rather lecturing him) on his movie choices and got away from the awkwardness that was left over from the hug.

At least Zacky and Brian would be here soon.

I took a seat on the zebra-print couch that adorned our living room. Most people would call it tacky, but we just called it fucking awesome. It wasn't too long before I smiled when I heard a familiar voice from the doorway.

“Hope we’re not too late?”

Zacky.

I jumped up and ran over to tackle him, but he just laughed and picked me up slightly when I tried, causing me to giggle as he spun me around. I looked over to see Ashley clinging onto Brian, Ian pretending to be very interested in the movies he had picked out, and Josh of course glaring at me and Zacky. I glared back.

“Wow, it’s so weird to see you guys without your makeup,” Josh said sweetly. Too sweet. He was never sweet, he was a sarcastic motherfucker.

“Yeah, and it’s weird to see you without your “guyliner” as you like to put it.”

He glared at my come back and I just smirked. Challenge accepted.

Zacky laughed uncomfortably, caught innocently in the cross-fire of the war between Josh and I. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek.

“Come on, let’s go steal the couch before they all try and get it.”

He smiled and nodded, green eyes lighting up happily before wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me close while we walked to the couch. He sat down on the edge and I decided to sit on his lap to make more room for the others. I laid my head against the crook of his neck when he pulled me close and sighed happily.

And I really was happy. Until Josh decided he had to sit right next to us. Then I just felt completely uncomfortable with the situation: sitting on my boyfriends lap right next to the guy I still somewhat had feelings for. As if on cue to my discomfort, Ashley walked into the room with Brian, holding his hand proudly and Ian following, choosing to sit next to Josh.

“I was just telling Brian about our drunken speeches on sobriety.”

I giggled, remembering the incident perfectly. That had been Josh’s genius idea, to let Ashley and I drink with him and Ian. It was a great memory.

“I remember that! Oh God, that was so great. I think we scared the fuck out of Ian and Josh though,” I smiled at Josh uncontrollably with the memory, then felt awkward when he looked just as excited as I felt and buried my face back into Zacky’s neck and smiled as he rubbed small circles over the small of my back with his thumb.

♥Ian’s POV♥

I looked over to Josh, who was not happy at all with Emily and Zacky being that close. I felt just as bad and could hardly bring myself to look at Ashley and Brian as they held hands. It was still too soon and my heart felt like it had been ripped out of my chest, stabbed, and then stomped all across the floor.

Why was this happening to me?

Emily and Ashley carried on with their memories of that drunken night, only remembering it at all because of the video that I had made of it that Ashley treasured. I looked up at her just in time to see her sigh contentedly and sit down on a bright purple chair on Brian’s lap. His arms wrapped around her waist and I had to look away again.

“So then, how did you guys meet?” I asked them, the jealous clearly flooding my voice even though I had tried to prevent it.

Brian laughed a little and smirked, looking up at Ashley who just rolled her eyes.

“I wasn’t that drunk, okay? Assholes.”

Emily just laughed. “Yeah, you were just drunk enough to be puking behind the venue and not even realize who was helping you. Thanks again Brian for probably saving her life. A lot of guys would have taken advantage of her.”

Brian just responded by pulling Ashley even closer to him. “I could never do something like that to her. You probably saved Zacky’s life too, you know? He was so lonely and hurt from his last relationship.”

I looked over to Josh and saw that he was just simply seething with anger and jealousy; hands clenched into fists when Emily smiled up at Zacky and kissed his cheek.

I had to end this awkwardness now. I couldn’t take it any longer.

Getting up from my seat, I put one of the zombie movies into the DVD player and set it up to play.

“This is like one of my favorite movies!”

I looked over to see Zacky smiling excitedly and Emily looking just as excited on his lap.

“Mine too!”

Ashley and Brian were staring into each other’s eyes, off in their own little world. I would give anything to be him.

I sighed and sat back down on the couch next to Josh, smiling sadly at him in any attempts to make him feel better. He probably felt just as shitty as me though.
♠ ♠ ♠
mine are so short compared to Ashley's Dx
next one will be longer i swear. eroijfweorfj.