Status: New. :3

Girl I Know

This Should Have Been Easy

♥Ashley's POV♥

The tension in the air could literally be sliced with a knife and served onto ten different plates.

Ian had just asked the story of how Brian and I met, and I swear there was something.. else in his voice besides curiosity. Was he jealous?

No.. no. He couldn't be. He's Ian. He's the sweet and caring and shy and dorky and foolish guy that I met in high school. Still the same guy.. he wouldn't go for a girl like me.

I suppressed my thoughts to the back of my mind and tried to focus on the screen like everyone else. I blinked as I saw the familiar opening scene play out and my head snapped over to Ian, a smirk on my lips.

"Really, Ian?" I asked with a laugh. "Didn't we watch this movie like, 5, 000 times before?"

Ian shrugged with a small grin. "It's a classic, and these two seem to enjoy it as much as I do. So shut up. You're so picky."

I could feel Brian's body shake with laughter and I swatted his arm, frowning. "You guys are assholes," I whined and slid from my boyfriend's arms. "I'm going to make some coffee and popcorn for you losers." Before Josh could say anything, I raised my hand to stop him. "AND NO COKE ZERO."

I smirked as Josh pouted like a little and everyone laughed - well, expcet Zacky.. uh. Yeah. The two didn't like each other at all and it was only.. ten minutes in. Well shit.

As I entered our kitchen, I breathed out a sigh of relief. It was like hell in there. My mind was reeling as I moved around the kitchen to start the popcorn and the coffee; I didn't even hear footsteps and jumped as I felt arms snake around me.

"Jesus, you scared me!" I whispered as Brian laughed at my silly reaction. I frowned as I turned in his arms, our faces close. "Hey, it's not funny!"

Brian rolled his eyes and kissed my pouting lips teasingly. "Awe, I'm sorry, babe."

I giggled lightly and let him kiss me once more before unraveling myself from his arms to pour the cups of coffee. I looked over my shoulder at him. "Can you get the popcorn for me?" I smiled as he nodded and did as I asked. I was lucky and I knew it. And I was happy.

But why was there something eating at me if my life was truly bliss?

♥Josh's POV♥

I wanted to get the hell out of there as soon as the two assholes walked in the fucking doorway.

Well, now I just sounded like a whiny bitch. Great, Josh. Just peachy. Why did I even agree to coming?

Right. Emily. It was always for her.

Fuck. Love sucks.

I felt my fists clench a little as I saw the two out of the corner of my eyes. They were laughing quietly to themselves and Zacky kissed her nose, making her giggle even more. I must have been pouting, because Ian shot me a sympathetic look. I waved him off and looked up as Ashley and Brian returned; Ashley carrying.. nothing and Brian carrying the tray of popcorn and coffee.

I could see Ian's jealously bristling from the corner of my eyes and I knew he felt the exact same as I did.

I decided to lighten up the mood a little despite every bit of me wanting to punch Zacky in the face. So, I looked to Ashley again and snorted. "Can't carry it yourself?"

Ashley sat on the arm of the purple chair as Brian put the bowls and mugs on the table for everyone. "Benefits of having a strong boyfriend."

I scoffed and shook my head. "Lazy-ass!"

Ashley smirked. "Gaylord."

I heard Emily laugh and I knew she was remembering all the times she and Ashley would call me that; whenever I went shopping or got my hair touched up. I couldn't help but smile myself - but, I made sure no one else saw.

That was awfully fucking important.