Status: New. :3

Girl I Know

Now You Choose Either Naughty or Nice

♥Emily’s POV♥

The rest of that night went about as smoothly as a rowboat in a hurricane. So not too smooth, in case you didn’t get the hint. Josh and Zacky would find ways to continuosly make themselves sound better than the other, and when it came down to it, I guess the bottom line was that I was sat on Zacky’s lap and not Josh’s. We finished all our movies before midnight and said our goodbyes.

At least Zacky and I did. He gave me a simple kiss goodnight, smiling. I looked over and saw Ashley making out with Brian and rolled my eyes, laughing. Josh and Ian had already left (probably a good thing for Ian) and I sighed. I saw him smile earlier, I know I did. Having him around was bringing back painful memories, but it brought back the ones I loved as well.

I mumbled a good night to Ashley as I quickly stepped up the stairs, thinking over everything. I still didn’t know what to do. If I let Josh back into my life then what if the pain just started all over again? Would I just be in the same situation as Ian? I lay back on my lime green bed – soft as a pillow – and sighed.

After about an hour or two of lying there and not being able to sleep, I felt my phone vibrate against my hip and dug it out of my pocket, flipping it open to reveal a new text message.

‘Look outside.’

Well, that wasn’t creepy at all. Still though, even after watching all those horror movies earlier I wasn’t completely scared out of my wits. I got up and shuffled sleepily over to the window, shoving aside the heavy curtains I chose specifically to keep out the sun.

There, in the middle of the backyard, was a very desperate looking Josh. I rolled my eyes and contemplated just walking away and ignoring him, but I couldn’t do that to my old best friend. No matter how much he had hurt me. How’d he get my number again?

I opened the window up so I could stick my head out.

“What do you want, Ramsay? It’s like two in the morning and some people have things to do tomorrow. Like sleep in until noon. Or one.”

He rolled his eyes, laughing and obviously nervous. What was he even doing?

“Come on a drive with me?” His breath froze mid-air with every word in the chilly night.

I let a skeptical look form across my face and felt an eyebrow rise up.

“Please? If you still hate me after this I swear that I will leave you alone.”

I knew that if I was smart, if I knew anything, that it would have been the right thing to just stay in my room and sleep. But did I ever do the right thing? No. I slipped on a fuzzy jacket and slipped out through the window. Why was I doing this at the age of 21? The door was all the way downstairs, that’s why. I used the tree to lower myself onto the ground and walked over to him as he smiled proudly.

“You’ve got three hours.”

“Only three?” He pouted.

I rolled my eyes, “Yes, Princess. Three.”

He nodded before leading me over to his car.

♥Ian’s POV♥

I laughed and propped my head up on a pillow, lying in my bed. I was having a very nice conversation with my best friend; Ashley. The house would be empty tonight since Josh said he had to go do something. I didn’t worry, he wouldn’t dare touch drugs again or hurt himself. Probably just a drive.

“What do you mean ninjas are better?”

“NO! Not just ninjas, pirate ninjas.”

“Pfft, you know what beats pirate ninjas?”

I heard her cute laugh on the other end of the phone line and I got shivers. This was exactly how it used to be.

“And what would that be?”

“Zebra print pants.”

She laughed even more and I felt myself shaking with laughter too.

Any feelings I had of maybe anger towards her earlier were gone now. I couldn’t ever stay mad or even be mad at her. It was so tough to have to see her that close to another guy though. I wanted to just eliminate all my feelings; become a robot. But then I knew I’d never be happy, so there was no point.

“We need to have another slumber party sometime soon. Just me and you and Gaylord and Emily.”

I laughed. “Gaylord might not be too excited about the whole being around Emily thing.”

I imagined her rolling her eyes in the background. “Emily won’t be too happy either, but they can get the fuck over themselves and we can all have fun.”

“Just like it was before, you mean it?”

“Promise, bestie.”

I smiled inwardly, feeling rather delighted with my thinking process. “Deal.”

That meant, to me, whether she had a boyfriend now or not I didn’t care. Back then she didn’t, and if I was going to spend time with her like that I would take it as a second chance. I wasn’t going to fall back or give up this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
♥♥♥♥♥
yes Ashley, this is how i imagine a conversation between Ian and you going.