Status: New. :3

Girl I Know

I Guess We're Even Now

♥Ashley's POV♥

I smiled contently at Ian's words; and I could tell he was happy too. I was glad Emily and I finally got our shit together and moved back to Vancouver; because I had missed Ian a lot.

We kept in contact since Emily and I moved, but it wasn't the same as being able to take a bus down to his house like I used to. Sophomore year for us, once he had graduated and Josh dropped out, he went to a community college and lived near his campus with Josh. Everyday after school, we'd take the next bus out and visit them.

"Good. We have a deal then," I said softly into the phone once I focused again. "Remember my 16th birthday? You guys all climbed through my window at midnight and scared the shit out of me."

Ian laughed on the other line and I knew he was probably nodding along with the memory. "And we brought bags filled with your favorite junk food and movies. We were lucky your dad didn't catch us."

I rolled onto my side as I spoke next, a huge smile on my face and I didn't even realize how big it was. "Yeah, you would've been killed. I remember the first time you guys came over to my house without sneaking in.. oh, god. That was a disaster!"

"We're going to have to do that again sometime. Something special for your birthday. Just the four of us," Ian suggested and I heard the small smile in his voice.

Shit, that was right. My birthday was only a few weeks away.. and of course, Brian had something planned. I bit my lip.

"Brian's taking me out for a surprise.. but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you guys came along?" I asked cautiously.

I didn't want to cancel my plans with my boyfriend.. because he'd be upset. He'd be planning this for months now and he was so excited about it, I could tell whenever he spoke. And I knew he'd let me bring Ian and Josh, since Zacky and Emily were coming as well. But I didn't want to tell Ian we couldn't do something together, because he loved birthdays.

"Oh.. uh, yeah, I guess so," Ian said. "But what about the terrible love triangle?"

I let out a soft laugh and shook my head. "Like I said, they'll need to get over themselves."

"You're right," Ian paused for a moment and I could hear him let out a little sigh. "This might be a little.. uh, wrong, to ask, but.. who do you think Emily should really be with?"

I was taken aback but his question, but I didn't hold back any answer. I couldn't hide anything from Ian. "Uh.." I took a breath. "Zacky is a sweet guy and I know he cares about her, and I know Emily loves him. But.. I'm pretty damn sure that Josh will always be in her heart.. and the way he looked at her tonight when Zacky wasn't around.. I know he loves her too, despite whatever anger he held against her. Plus.. you never forget your feelings for your first love."

I could tell there was a faint smile to Ian's voice. "Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Anyway.. how about after your birthday surprise the four of us go to the old concert venue like the good old days?"

I grinned and my voice was filled with excitement. "Okay!"

♥Josh's POV♥

The first ten minutes of the car drive was spent in an awkward silence, but the loudest fucking silence I have ever experienced. I turned up the heater as I saw Emily shiver out of the corner of my eye.

"Thanks," she said and looked at me. "Sooo.. where are you taking me, Unis Gaylord?" There was a teasing tone to her voice and I knew if I looked at her she'd be smirking.

I rolled my eyes at the horrible nickname they had dubbed me. I cursed Ashley in my mind and made a turn down the dark road. I looked at her for a second, studying her face. "Do you remember this road?"

I saw her squint her eyes to see better through the darkness and she shook her head, gaze curious once it focused on me again. I chuckled.

"You'll see in a few minutes."

I pulled up to a fenced park; the gate's lock snapped and the signs around the park fading. As I parked the car, Emily spoke up - her voice filled with remembrance and shock.

"Brakley Park," she said and looked at me with confused eyes.

I smiled as I opened the car door. "Yeah. You always told me 'bitches love parks'," I chuckled a little at her sheepish smile and walked into the park with her.

"This is where you took me when your parents had the big fight," Emily mumbled gingerly and she turned to me, head tilted. "Why are we here now?"

I rubbed my cold hands together and shrugged, fucking nervous as hell but I didn't care. "I wanted to tell you that I don't hate you.. and I never thanked you for that night."
♠ ♠ ♠
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ x 1000000000000000
I personally love this chapter. :3