Status: {Supernatural} (Castiel one-shot.)

Could You Be the Devil? Could You Be an Angel?

it's... supernatural.

My eyelids were heavy and too tired to open as I noticed an extreme bright light was filling the space of my bedroom. I was the only one in my dorm room at college, as my roommate was out most likely partying her heart out like a normal college student. If it wasn't for the fact that people called me a freak because of my unnatural beliefs and nerdy school girl style, maybe I could live that normal student life. However, I am who I am and I can't change that. I don't like failing courses where I know I have the potential to do better. And for the unnatural beliefs? Well, I've seen things that 95% of world believes to be made-up. Just about anything from monsters in your closet to under your bed are in fact real. Yes, the supernatural is real. However, Godzilla is just a movie and Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster are just myths, but everything else- unbelievably, its all a part of reality. I know, it can't be possible but you have to see it yourself to believe it. That's how I found out. Somehow, I managed to handle the truth better than most would. It was a wonder one of my professors didn't suggest rehab for me.

I used to be the same nerdy college girl, living it up with her friends, always laughing when a topic would come up about vampires or werewolves being real, like in Twilight. Yes, I "used to" have a normal life until those friends of mine where killed by creatures like them. I thought I was going insane or just having a really bad nightmare but when I tried to wake up, I realized nothing happened. I was living in an episode of X-Files.

As I attempted to pry my eyes open to view the glowing light, I heard a distant flutter of wings, almost as if Big Bird had decided to touchdown in my dorm. Of course, my first instinct was that it was all a part of one my uncanny dreams. After living the truth of a whole other world, the strange dreams and nightmares came along hand in hand. What was next? Angels living in Anaheim come to take over the World Series?

The room was dark again, falling silent with the midnight sky. I was half asleep or maybe I was dreaming for once, but I had this eerie gut feeling I couldn't get rid of. It was ridiculous, but what else was new? Finding out creepy paranormal creatures were real; nothing could be more ridiculous than that.

Finally, I forced my Emerald green eyes open to view my surroundings in my dorm. A tint of light from a streetlight outside shined in through the blinds of the window, making it a little easier to scan the small area. The first thing my eyes observed was my roommate's vacant cot, settled adjacent from the one I way lying in. Slowly, I veered my eyes cautiously around the dorm, spotting a cluttered dresser, clothes sprawled out from every drawer, a mini refrigerator standing beside it, and a lonely TV placed in the corner of the room. Nothing out of the ordinary which I was glad for, but my gut was still telling me another story. No surprise.

Suddenly, my eyes fixed themselves upon a dark figure guarding the other side of the room. Something didn't seem right. I couldn't recall us having a coat rack, nor did we have anything tall or broad that sky scraped the room. Nervousness took control of my body. Freakishly, the figure slightly shifted to its right, beginning to make me feel overly uncomfortable with what I was really viewing.

"Wh-what a-are you?" I stuttered, sitting in an upright position. "What d-do you want f-from me?"

My whole life practically flashed before my eyes, looking back at how all my true friends died last summer by so many different creatures. I was certain I was next on the list, beginning to say my last few words in my head.

For a moment there was no response found. I was almost skeptical on turning on the lights, but felt like I wasn't given a choice. There was a large lump in my throat that I kept trying to swallow, but it wouldn't go away. My hands trembled, fumbling turn on the lamp sitting on the wooden nightstand between the two cots. The miniature lamp illuminated the dorm. I swiftly turned my head back to where the dark figure was, but nothing was there.

Stupid shadows. I thought as I let out a sigh of relief. "I'm really loosing it tonight."

As I shifted my weight in the bed, I caught another glimpse of the same figure only to get the full sight of what- or who it was. A vague gasp escaped passed my lips, as this human-like creature placed a cold hand over my mouth so I wouldn't get tempted to scream. If it was a supernatural being, it sure looked human- but that's how they trick you. They take over some poor, innocent soul to get you to believe their really human but they are far from that.

It was portraying itself as a male, probably in his early-thirties or so. He had short & styled dark brown hair and these hypnotizing sea blue eyes.Whatever he was, he made a trench coat and tie look ten times more appealing, even if that does sound a bit uncanny.

The piercing blue eyes blankly stared back at my green ones. There was not a scent of emotion filling those dull eyes of his, which still made me believe that he was inhuman. I don't know of any human being that had such coldness in their eyes as much him- not even a criminal. However, if he was there to harm me I would have expected to be killed right on the spot; no hesitation. So what was he and what did he want from me?

"Who are you?" I mumbled into his hand, which didn't even sound anything close to that. He continued to daze at me with confusion, looking half skeptical whether to remove his hand from my mouth or not. His eyes drooped down, gazing at the hand over my mouth before gradually removing it from my pursed lips. It was really an awkward moment as he was so quiet and seemingly gentle. I wasn't sure how to react to all that.

"Who are you?" I repeated with curiosity in my voice.

It took him a moment to before responding to my question, but the answer I was given startled me a bit.
"Castiel. I am an angel of the Lord."

I could feel jaw dropping straight to the floor. I must have misunderstood. Angels weren't real- were they? At this rate, anything seemed possible. I was in shock, stumbling to find words on how to reply to such a statement.

"You're a what?"

"Angel of the Lord."

"How?"

Castiel looked at me peculiarly, tilting his head faintly to his right.

"Never-mind." I replied, shaking my head and holding my hands up in the air. "Why are you here? Wait, you aren't here to take over the World Series are you? Anaheim is another three thousand miles that way." I pointed straight ahead, not sure it that was West or not.
Again, he didn't change his expression once. "Forget the last part- what do you want from me?"

Softly, his large, delicate finger brushed over my lips, studying them as if they were made of gold. Again, I wasn't certain on how react to his bizarre movements but the way he was doing it was too cute, even if he was ignoring my questioning.

"Uhm-" I half laughed as he traced my smiles with the tips of his fingers. A bit strange, but sweet at the same time. "Are you here to examine me, or are you here for business Mr. uh- Castiel?"

His blue eyes shot back up to mine, as the silence began to linger between us once again for a minute.

"I have been watching you for quite some time." he finally spoke up, which wasn't giving me much of a clear answer.

"Watching me?" I shot back. "Some angel you are then."

I didn't really how utterly cold and heartless I sounded when I rose my voice, but the angel just furrowed his eyebrows and stared aimlessly at the matted carpet. Yeah, some person I was.

"I was given a request to look after you." He proceeded, shifting his eyes in my direction again. "But I-" he stopped, hesitant to continue his sentence. It almost sounded like he was going to give me bad news. Just what I wanted to hear... "I wanted to see you in person- you are... so different."

"Nothing I haven't heard before..."

"You have a gift, Belinda." Castiel declared, raising his voice enough to drown my negative thoughts. "Heaven sent me to protect you and I think I took it too seriously."

"What?" I looked at him with confusion. What does that even mean? He took it too seriously? Did he hurt someone and was trying to apologize to me face to face? He was just an angel who has no emotion. How serious was he talking about?

"I think I- I think I am doing what I shouldn't be-"

"You didn't kill anyone did you?"

"Not unless they were trying to hurt you." Well, who was out to hurt me but maybe supernatural creatures? That I didn't have an answer for.

"Then what is it that you are trying to tell me?" I asked, feeling completely filled with perplexity and awkwardness. Talking to an angel- real or make-believe- never expected it would be so weird.

"I think I am in one of those situations you humans call "fall in love" is it?"

I could believe what my ear were precieving. Angels have no emotions, so why should that change with one angel? Sure, he was handsome and innocent, and maybe a bit clueless but that made it all the more reason to do what he did.

Without hesitation, his lips crashed onto mine, cosmic and angelicly. As blissful as it seemed, I was woken up by the sound of my alarm clock buzzing in my ear. I closed my eyes and sighed.

One time I wish that it was a real life event, or was it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Bless you for reading! Don't forget to comment too!
Hope you enjoyed :)
Castiel