Beautiful Reflection

1

She stared at the young woman in the mirror before her as she ran her brush through her dark brown hair. She wasn’t going to stay in her house tonight, nor was she going out on a date. She was going out to see a movie with one of her guy friends, but she wanted to make sure she looked gorgeous tonight. This friend of hers had a crush on her, and even though she didn’t want to admit it to him, the feeling was mutual.

When she was done brushing her hair, she looked at her reflection some more. She wasn’t wearing any makeup or jewelry, but she had to admit, she looked amazing. It was creepy, though. She didn’t normally look like this because she would always throw on a bunch of eyeliner and eye shadow. Not to make guys at school look at her, but to make her feel much better about herself.

This friend made her feel beautiful. He made her feel like she can be beautiful without even trying to. It was very strange, but she liked it. She could walk out in public with confidence and not have to worry about trying to impress this guy. She can be herself without having to look like herself.

She smiled to herself as she threw her jacket on and slung her purse over her shoulder. She bid her mother goodbye and walked out the front door. There was her friend with a smile on his face and he stepped out of the car to hug her. In an instant, she had butterflies fluttering around inside her. This was a feeling that was so foreign, so strange to her.

“Hey, Jess,” her friend greeted her. “Ready for a fun night?”
♠ ♠ ♠
This was really fun to write. I'd like some comments. What did you like? What didn't you like? Constructive criticism is appreciated. <3