Status: I'd drink to that

Who's this Guy? (Jake's Story)

This City

"My legs are going to hate me in the morning." Cara said as the returned to the barn about two and a half hours later. They rode around for what felt like forever and she had enjoyed every minute of it, even if it was with Jake. They talked about random things, like how he spent most of his childhood here with his grandparents. Then John spent alot of time out there as a teenager while Jake enjoyed the city. How Cara broke her arm when she was fifteen, she'd fallen off her skateboard half way down a ramp. Jake broke his legs when he fell off the roof that was above the porch when he'd been nine, his grandpa had been so mad at the kid.

"Need a massage?" Jake asked with a smug smile, Cara gave him a daring smile.

"If you can keep your dick in your pants." she said; he looked at the watch he wore.

"Well John will be here any minute and I stay a few more minutes to say bye to him. How about we get dinner when we get back to the city then I can relax your muscles?"

"Hmm, well I am hungry."

"It's settled then, come on." he said leading her out of the horse barn. It was almost four, so by time they made it to Raven it'd be around five, five thirty. Just as they reached the house John pulled up in a Sheriff SUV.

"You guys taking off?" he asked once he got out.

"Yeah, I left a saddle on Jupiter cause I figured you'd ride him when you had to collect your horses." Jake replied.

"Alright, well drive safe. Cara it was nice to meet you, I hope to see you again soon." John said holding out a hand and she smiled and shook his hand.

"Who know's maybe you will." she said before stepping back. "I'll be in the truck." she told Jake as she walked over to the truck and climbed in leaving the twins alone. She had also noticed while they were at the diner Jake's voice wasn't a slight bit deeper then John's, nobody wanted an exact matching twin.

"Yeah, yeah, see you next week." Jake said as he opened the door.

"Later." John called back as he was walking towards his house.

"Wouldn't it be lonely here by yourself?"

"It is, which is why he has three dogs, a cat, and six horses. He's just doesn't want to admit it wants to find a woman and settle down."

"Ah, and I think I could settle with just being fuck buddies." Cara said quickly before she chickened out. Jake glanced at her.

"What made you agree.?"

"I'm attracted to you, and you're attracted to me. I also enjoyed today, so I figured why not?"

"But yet you don't want to date me?"

"No."

"So I can see other women though?" he asked; she snapped her gaze to him.

"No!"

"I said see, not sleep with. I'm not getting any younger you know?"

"But I-okay, fine." she said before crossing her arms and turned to stare out the window.

"This city is my city, And I love it, yeah I love it. I was born and raised here, I got it made here. And if I have my way, I'm gonna stay!" Cara sang to the song which was the first song playing when she got bored of the silence and turned on the radio. Jake shook his head and smiled.

"I feel like you still love music." Jake said; Cara stopped rappin and glanced at Jake.

"So maybe I never grew out of that stage. Music is still a big part of who I am, I might not dress the part anymore, but I still know a bunch of songs word for word."

"Well luckily you don't stuck at singing then." Jake said; she laughed and reached over and punched him playfully before she returned back to singing the chorus.