Status: I'd drink to that

Who's this Guy? (Jake's Story)

Missing

Devin looked the same...but so did Cara. Yet Cara felt no attraction to him this time, he wasn't nothing compared to Jake. Taking in a deep breath Cara held up her hand and knocked on the door which was already opened getting Devin's attention.

"Cara, I'm glad you showed up." he said walking towards her.

"Um, yeah." she replied as she crossed her arms in front of her.

"What I did to you was probably the worst thing I could have done." he said after he realized she wasn't going to say anything.

"You think? You were cheating on me for how long?"

"You were so nice and sweet. I didn't want to hurt you. I didn't want to end it with you and make you cry."

"Get to the point Devin."

"I met Darleen in college, we clicked right away. She completed me, made me feel whole. I'm sure you have felt like that." he said. Cara thought back to when her and Devin started dating, not once did she ever feel whole. She could see herself marrying him...then again it was because they spent so much time dating that she became blinded by what she believed at the time was love. Now she knew it wasn't love but she was never really sure what love was. Jake said he loved her...but he barely knew her. How could he assume he loved her? She couldn't love him back...right?

"No Devin I have never felt whole with someone. I'm happy you found your other half. I truely am, but you ruined love for me. I can't trust men, I can't even love the guy back who loves me because I'm so scared he'll cheat on me."

"Take a chance Cara. Love is a bunch of chances and if you let one pass by will you get a second chance?"

Cara took a sip of her coffee before she walked over to the front door and switched on the 'Open' sign to her bakery. After listening to Devin about a week ago she began thinking, and continue to think. She missed Jake...alot; more then she was ready to admit. A long week dragged by and she hadn't seen, nor heard from Jake. Her chest ached and she felt more alone then ever.

"Why don't you call him?" Kelly said coming from the kitchen. "You've been mopey."

"I can't. I said mean things."

"Hello! That's what apologies are for."

"I miss him."

"He was nice, funny too. But he's too much like Devin, he'd probably cheat on you."

"No. No he wouldn't."

"All men are the same, you said so."

"I know what you're doing Kelly."

"Is it working?"

"I think. Will you watch the shop while I-"

"Go, I'll be fine here."

"Thank you!."

"Cara."

"What?"

"Don't jump to conclusions." Kelly said before turning on the radio behind her and Cara shook her head and took off heading down the street.