Status: I'd drink to that

Who's this Guy? (Jake's Story)

Love

"See I told you that was all he wanted from me, two days go by and he hasn't stoppped by." Cara said as she looked up from the cake she was currently decorating. Kelly had just walked into kitchen it was almost eight.

"Obviously you never watch the news." Kelly said walking over to switch on the tiny TV that had already been in the building a year and a half ago when they started remodling for a bakery.

"Oh the high's today are going to be in the seventies. Yah that is good news." Cara said giving Kelly a look.

"Jake's been busy wrapping a case up. You know how teenagers were coming up dead? Well your lover boy caught the teen killer and brought him in the same night you two bump and grinded. You're like his good luck charm or something."

"He has my number why hasn't he tried calling or texting then?" Cara asked not really sure why she even cared.

"Look I don't know. Be miserable and think all guys are the same, at this point I don't care anymore, just don't go and try telling me." Kelly snapped walking towards the back to the cooler.

"Kelly I-" she started to say when the bell dinged.

"Hello?" a male voice said a second later.

"Coming!" Cara yelled and hurried out front to see a man in a suit. "Good morning what can I get for you?"

"Jake Baker told me you are a good baker. I need a small cake for my wife's birthday." the man said. What does Jake know? He's never tried my stuff? she thought to herself.

"Oh you work with Jake?"

"With? I work for Jake."

"For? Are you sure we are talking about the same Jake?" she asked confused.

The man laughed. "Yes I am sure. Cheif Jake Baker."

"Isn't he a little young?" Cara asked confused.

"I didn't know there was a certain age you had to be." he said, Cara frowned.

"Right, so what kind of cake are we talking about and when do you need it done?" she asked before grabbing a cake form.

Cara walked towards her car, she decided to close up early tonight since no one ever really came in past five. She was supposed to have dinner with her mother, she wasn't really looking forward to it. Her mother was a good cook...she was just to concerned for her daughter's being. Almost thirty and has given up on love, she'll never get that grandchild she's been longing for now.

"Closed early?" a fimilar voice said making her look up from her car to see Jake and a woman beside him. A sick feeling came over Cara.

"Um, yeah. I'm having dinner with my mother." she said before unlocking the door of her car.

"Why don't you head up I'll catch up with you." Jake said to the woman; she nodded and walked into the building behind him. "How have you been?" he asked casual walking up to her as she opened the door. "I've been too busy to stop in and hassel you, plus...I lost your number. After I caught Greyson I ended up loosing my phone." he said. A feeling of relief came over her but she ignored the feeling.

"What a shame." she said with a shrug. "I've been good, till now." she said trying to show annoyance.

"Oh we're back to hating again?" he asked with a small smile.

"Again? I haven't stopped." she said getting into her car.

"I'll have you saying you love me before too long. Have a good night Miss Jameson." he said before shutting her car door and walked away without asking for her number again.

"Love? Please." she scoffed before starting her car and driving away. When she arrived at her mother's dinner had already been done and the table was set.

"Who's the guy?" Mary Jameson said the second she looked up at Cara.

"What?"

"Don't lie, you have a happiness to your eyes! I thought after sleeze ball you'd never look happy again. You finally believe me when I say not all guys are he same?"

"I'm not seeing any guy, it's probably annoyance you see in me because that's all I get from Jake."

"Oh Jake, huh? He cute?"

"Mom I don't want to talk about him. He's nothing to me other then a giant stray dog that keeps wandering back."

"Well if he's the guy you believe then sleep with him and he'll leave." Mary said sitting down and started eating.

"I already tried that."

"He came back? That means not all guys are the same!" she said trying to make a point that wasn't going to get through.

"Right, anyways how's the garden coming?" Cara said grabbing a roll and then ripping a piece of it and sticking it into her mouth.

"Oh Cara I give up on you." she said shaking her head. "The garden is coming along slowly." she answered before they fell into silence. Cara started thinking about the woman with Jake and wondered who she was. Jake certainly wasn't anything like Devin now, but then again she thought Devin was the most wonderful man alive and she got her heart ripped out. She wasn't laying her heart out on the line again, but maybe trying a friendship with Jake was better then pushing him away everytime he came back, even after he got what he wanted. She pulled out her phone and found the number and sent him a quick text wondering if he still had the same number.