Status: I'd drink to that

Who's this Guy? (Jake's Story)

Susan

"See I told you not to just go rushing into the apartment." head detective Susan Wright said shaking her head.

"Looks like you're going to need stiches." the nurse said grabbing a needle and prick it into the bullet wound.

"Warn a guy!" Jake growled gripping the bed he sat on. "Besides we caught them in the act anyways so it's a good thing I jumped in on them." he added as the nurse started stiching up his shoulder. Some how the bullet missed his bone and stopped short of his shoulder blade which if it didn't would have sent the bullet straight through him.

"Whatever, hey you got a message from some number." Susan said looking at his phone.

"What's it say?"

"Just Jake with a question mark. Number's 357-4669."

"Sounds fimilar."

"Good cause I replied back with yes?"

"Give me my damn phone." Jake growled before Susan rolled her eyes and handed him the phone.

"Here drama queen." she scoffed before sitting back down, the person replied back.

'It's Cara...I guess I was a little rude earlier. I'm sorry.'

"Oh it's Cara isn't it?" Susan asked seeing him smile which made her laugh.

"Good guess, I don't know what is with her and why she's so-"

"Crazy? Bitchy?"

"No and no. She has issues with guy's I guess. Her ex cheated on her now she believes all guy's are the same."

"She's stupid then. Don't get involved with her Jake she'll never change her mind. She'll always have her doubts and never trust you even if she say's she does, then she'll be constantly asking. What are you doing, who ya with, when you coming back, where are you? Who's that girl you're with, talking to, or looking at. Trust me my sister was that way, once you get involved it's hard to get out. So get out while you're ahead."

"Well I can't ignore her."

"Fine don't say I didn't warn you!"

'It's okay.' he replied back to Cara keeping it simple. Maybe Susan was right, but he doesn't have to date her, maybe sleep with her a few times just to get her out of his system.