Status: I'd drink to that

Who's this Guy? (Jake's Story)

Twins

Cara glared at Jake, they would be identical if it wasn't for their hair color. Jake's was brown while John's color was blond. John stood up from his chair and even their height was almost the same Jake might of been a smidge taller. Their bodies were built the same way, brod shoulders and muscular. John had a little past a five o' clock shadow and Jake was clean shaven.

"Well hello." John said once he saw Cara and gave a charming smile, they even sounded the same. Cara gave a weak smile and shook his hand when he held it out.

Jake cleared his throat and glared at his brother. "John this is Cara, Cara my brother John."

"Single brother." he specified. Cara raised a brow.

"What if I'm with Jake?"

"You're not together, he hasn't touched you once. You looked at him once to glare, no loving glances. He hasn't glanced at you once until I started to greet myself. Plus you're not standing close enough. He might like you, but you don't seem to share the same interest." John said. Obviously he was quick at making observations, now she understood how he made it to sheriff.

"Well you should be quick at guessing I won't be interested in you either." Cara snapped.

"Oh she's got sass. I see why you have interest. You taking her horse riding?" John asked looking at Jake.

"Yeah. Are we getting something to eat now? I'm hungry." Jake complained.

"Sure, so you really did get shot. Huh, I thought Susan was bluffing." John laughed before leading the way out of the office. The twins fell into a conversation and Cara followed closing behind them as they walked side by side. She didn't really like John and she just met the guy, then again she really didn't like Jake the first time she met him. So both of them are about to turn thirty and both of them are still single. It was understandable for John why he was married or in a relationship, his personality was a little too cocky. Now for Jake she wasn't sure why, he seemed sweet...and nothing like Devin. She pushed that thought away and tuned into what they were talking about.

"Michelle's back in town?" Jake asked sounding confused.

"Yeah for a few weeks before going back over to Iraq. I'm thinking about hooking up with her again." John said.

"Why?"

"She's amazing in bed and she's the only woman that can put up with me."

"She is also the only woman who doesn't want to settle down in Carter."

"Maybe I don't want to settle down either."

"Whatever you say." Jake said as the got into his truck, Cara sat in the middle. She realized both of them were looking at her.

"What?" she questioned in annoyance.

"Seat belt." they said together making her jump. Well she should have known considering they are both law enforcers.

"So Cara what is it you do?" John asked.

"I am a baker, I own my own bakery. I make desserts not bread." she said seeing it in his eyes what he was going to ask. She realized his eyes were not as warm and happy looking as Jake's were. Plus John looked more tensed then Jake.

"Huh, so how'd you two meet?"

"Uh-"

"I came into the bakery everyday getting a doughnut and eventually started to bug her for her number and she finally gave it to me a week ago." Jake said.

"That's stupid." John said.

"So are you." Jake replied pulling into a diner. "You ever eat here?" he added looking at Cara.

"Once." she answered as he parked the truck.

"Have a slice of their apple pie and tell me if you can do better." John said as they got out and started walking towards the diner.

"Jake!" a little girl about nine yelled happily. She'd been playing with a jump rope out front until she saw them and then the jump rope was forgotten about. She ran towards them and jumped at Jake and he caught her and picked her up.

"Well look who's back from school."Jake said. She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck hugging him.

"Spring break is almost over, you needed to come sooner!" she said sadly. "Who's she?" she asked sounding jealous as she looked at Cara. "She's not your girlfriend is she?"

"Of course not Becca, you know you're the only girl for me." Jake said setting her to her feet.

"What I don't get a hug?" John asked looking down at the little girl, she looked up at him and stuck her tongue out.

"You're mean." she said; Cara smiled and Jake laughed.

"Hey next time I'll leave you at the air port." John replied before walking into the diner.

"You better say bye to me before leaving." the little girl said walking over to her jump rope.

"Don't I always?" Jake asked, she just looked back at him and then turned around to pick up her jump rope. Cara gave him a questioning look.

"Rebeca goes to a school in LA, her parents are rich and want her to have a proper education. They're hardly home so John picks her up from the air port and takes her to her aunt's and her aunt owns the diner which explains why she's her playing. She's known me for four years now and doesn't let me forget that she's supposed to be the only girl for me." he said with a shrug and opened the door and held it for her. Cara walked in and waited for him and they walked over to where John seated himself.

"See what reason do I have to settle down? Children hate me anyways, my own children if I had any would definitely hate me so why put myself through that shit?" John asked.

"You want a family and to settle down. Don't lie to me." Jake said.

"You're children wouldn't hate you unless you gave them a reason to." Cara said.

"Yah, and besides it's normally teens that hate their parents until they are about 18, 19. By then you don't care at that age, you just want them out of the house." Jake said with a laugh before the waitress came over. She was pretty young and gave the guy's flirtatious looks, and basically giggled at anything they said that was supposed to be funny but Cara didn't think so. She didn't care if the girl giggled at something John said but she gritted her teeth whenever she'd giggle at Jake.

"Can you believe she's 23 now? Shit bro we're getting old." John said as he watched the girl walk away; Jake was too busy looking at the menu.

"I've been getting old since I found a gray hair four years ago."

"How old are you Cara?"

"Twenty six." she answered looking at him over the menu for just a second then looking back down.

"You look twenty one...ish."

"Thanks...I think." she answered not looking up. Jake nudged her with his elbow making her look at him, he looked away as if he didn't do it. She shook her head and looked back at the menu.

"I think I should just buy me a wife." John said making Jake laugh and Cara scoff. "What?"

"You too lazy to find one on your own?" Jake asked.

"No, but there's no women in Carter. I buy a wife, she'll move to me."

"Online dating." Cara suggested.

"Do I look desparate?" John asked.

"Hey! That's how Susan met her husband, she wasn't desparate." Jake said

"I'll just stick with being single." John looked up as the waitress started to come back with their drinks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you lil_angel666 and WhitneySheree for the comments! XD!