Status: I'd drink to that

Who's this Guy? (Jake's Story)

Horse

Cara saw the ranch before Jake even said anything. "Welcome to Baker Ranch." he said turning in a long dirt drive way traveling at least a mile before pulling up in front of a two story log cabin home. About twenty feet to the left was a two door garage. Then the dirt drive continued past the house, across from the garage and across the drive was a two story red barn where a big green John Deere tractor was spotted in one of the opened doors, the other larger door was shut and a smaller door was shut as well. A fence connected to the barn on the right and ran all the way down the dirt drive then turned to follow the road and some where along the line came all the back to the opposite of the barn. To the right of the house was another barn it was slightly smaller then the other barn and the fence that was connected with this one was extremely smaller then the other.

"John's home, the barn where the supplies and what not is kept." he said pointing to everything then pointed at the smaller barn. "That's where people will come to train their horses. The up the road is the horse barn where about twenty to thirty horses are kept. This cabin was built in 1819, five generations this home's gone through. These barns have been demolished then rebuilt ten years ago, John wouldn't take it unless things were rebuilt, the inside of the cabin has been redone. Come on I'll give you a tour of the cabin."

"Oh! It's all so beautiful! I love log cabins. But having a log cabin built in the middle of the city would be ridiculous looking." Cara replied as they got out and walked towards the house; Jake had a spare key and unlocked the door and stepped inside. Two dogs came running both being Great Dane's and a smaller dog came running behind them. They were all wagging their tails happily.

"The black one is Duchess, and the spotted one is her brother Dale. Then the tiny mutt is Babe Magnet." Jake said shaking his head at the last dog's name.

"What's the story on her?" Cara asked picking up the little black ball of fur.

"Someone left her in a box on the side of the road as a puppy and John found her brought her home and she was half starved when he brought her in and he quickly fed her, bathed her, and she was bouncing all over after that. Three years later she's like a mini human, if John's late home she'll ignore him the rest of the night. If he yells at her she'll get mad and jump on the couch and hide under the pillows peeking her head out once in a while until John apologizes." Jake said with a laugh. "There is also a huge calico cat around here he named Cat, all the dogs are afraid of the thing."

"Aw you chickens." Cara cooed as she set Babe Magnet down, the dogs all hurried away. They walked through a short hall before entering the living room which was a fairly nice size living room. A huge flat screen TV hung on one of the walls and a nice L-shaped couch sat in the center. Jake led her through the enitire house with plenty of stories and memories an enitire houre had passed before leading her out the back door and they walked to a large one story barn where the fence from the first barn had continued over to this one and passed it going on further.

"There's about 3000 acres to this place, it passes over the county line entering Kale county." Jake said as he slid open a door and horses had their own little area giving them all enough comfortable room in each of the indvidule pens. "He owns six of these horses, I own one. The rest belong to the people living around this county not to mention the few in this county"

"Which horse is your's?" Cara asked walking up to a white horse and petting it's nose.

"Not that one, that's John's horse Shadow." Cara looked back at him and opened her mouth. "Yes John named a white horse Shadow just to be a smart ass, the rest have normal names. Star is next to him, then Rose, Saturn, Jupiter, and the last one is Epona."

"Oh, I get it, cause Epona looks like the horse off Zelda right?"

"John played alot of video games in his teens. Epona is also his favorite horse. Just take a guess at which horse is mine." Jake said; Cara glanced around there was six black horses in the barn, only two were all completely black and out of the two one was larger and more muscular. Jake's truck was black, he wore various black shirts, he even had a lot of black in his bedroom...which she didn't want to admit she remembered. She walked over to the large horse.

"This one." she said holding out her hand, the horse placed it's nose under her hand and pushed up wanting pet.

"Good guess. Her name's Raven, she's black, and it seemed fitting."

"I love her!" Cara said stepping closer the horse bent her neck and Cara wrapped her arms around her hugging her quickly before pulling away. Raven licked her hand hoping for a treat. Jake stepped next to Cara and handed her a carrot, she gave it to the horse.

"You can ride her, I'll ride one of John's. Also Raven is Rose's, so she was kind of a gift from John."

"Aw how sweet." Cara said with a smile, Jake smiled back.

"Come on, let's get the saddles and saddle up." Jake said leading her towards the back of the barn. He got only one at first and saddled up Raven and pulled her out of the pen. "We'll walk her down to the training barn and you can take her around a few times so she can get used to you and you can get used to her."

"Okay!" Cara said taking the reins from Jake and slowly led her out of the barn, Jake followed behind closely and once they reached the barn he helped Cara get onto the horse. "Oh, this is going to take getting used to, it's been like four years since I've rode a horse. My friend used to own a horse and anytime I'd stop by she'd let me ride it, of course the horse died because my friend is carelss."

"I try making it out here once a week to ride her so she stays in shape. Of course when John gets home he'll let them all out and they spend a good few hours roaming around. It's a pain in the ass getting all twenty thirty horses back into the barn. They normally don't wander far unless it's early in the afternoon, but when a few do, we have to send the two minature horses in the house out to hunt the horses down."

"Dale and Duchess are trained on that stuff? I thought Great Dane's were stupid?"

"They can be, if you train them they can be really smart like all dogs out there."

"Huh. Well let's roll Raven." Cara said nudging her heels into the horses side gently and the horse began to move forward.
♠ ♠ ♠
Picture of the house in characters. It's not really a log cabin, but I suck at detail information :-/