Status: Trying To Update Weekly. x]

Refused and Abandoned

Elle's Story

I knocked on Elle and Jake’s door later that night, hesitating a bit before entering the room.

“Ah, Alex. There you are. Are you feeling better now? You didn’t eat much of your dinner.”
I smiled weakly at her. “I’m doing a lot better now. But I was, er, wondering if you could tell me more about what exactly happened…you know, when you were, er, rejected and stuff?” I stammered out, blushing as she just laughed.

“Of course dear. We have plenty of time. The boys went out to go patrol since it’s there turn.”

“Their…turn?” I questioned, closing the door behind me before I sat on the bed next to her.

“Yup. Every week, two households are in charge of patrolling the property. You know, to make sure that there’s no rogues or anything else that could harm any of us.”

“That’s pretty smart,” I said, not really knowing what else to say. She smiled, nodding her head.

“I suppose so. But that’s not what we’re supposed to be talking about. Now, about twelve years ago, I had just turned eighteen. Now, my life was much different from yours. I wasn’t an alpha’s daughter. In fact, I was an adopted child. My parents died fighting a rogue that had attacked my old pack. But my adoptive parents were okay. But they made it absolutely clear that they were not my parents. So when I turned eighteen, I was kicked out of the house.” She laughed, though tears began to fill her eyes. I began to slightly panic, rubbing my hand over her back in circles.

“You really don’t have to tell me your story, Mrs. Grey.”

“Elle, Alex. Call me Elle. And I wouldn’t have offered to tell you my story if I wasn’t sure.” I just slowly nodded my head, waiting for her to continue with her story.

“As I was saying, I was kicked out of my house, but not because they didn’t care for me. They didn’t have the money to care for me. So I became a rogue and began wandering from state to state. Of course, although rogues aren’t exactly welcomed with open arms, I was accepted into most packs when I needed a place to stay and such. That was how I met Jake. His father was the alpha of this pack at the time and I was in the area. His father offered me to stay the night and I agreed. But I met his son and I knew that I would stay more than one night.”

She paused, grabbing a few tissues to wipe her eyes. A few moments passed as we sat in silence. “What happened though?” I asked, wincing at how loud my voice sounded in the silent room.

“Well, he wasn’t happy. He was dating this other girl and he had just asked her to be his mate. He was mad and he rejected me right on the spot, choosing to stay with his girlfriend. But … some issues came up and it resulted in her death. Her death brought a war between this pack and this other pack. But because I was rejected and I still haven’t found another mate, I wasn’t able to transform, which I’m sure you know by now. I … I was cornered by three wolves and I was going to die, but Jake came and ended up saving me. During the entire war, he stuck by my side and protected me until we won the war. But it took months before Jake finally admitted that he wanted to be my mate. In fact, we only mated about six months before we found out that I was pregnant with Jet. But despite all the troubles that occurred, I still stuck with Jake and now we couldn’t be more in love.”

“What would have happened if you chose another male for a mate?” I asked.

“I would still get my ability to transform back and I suppose I could be happy. But from what I hear, there won’t ever be the … click between the two of you. I’m sure you’re able to fall in love with people not your mate and such, but it just wouldn’t be the same. Does that make sense?”

I slowly nodded my head before I stood up, wrapping my arms around her. “Thank you so much for telling me this, Elle.”

She sighed, hugging me back. “Your welcome my dear. And always remember that Jake and I will always be here to help you, no matter whether or not you end up with Jake or not.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes! I'm becoming a (somewhat) regular updater. :D Hope you guys enjoy this and question
... anyone wanna become my beta for this story?